Give it to me straight, would this have blown the fuck out of The Beatles?

Give it to me straight, would this have blown the fuck out of The Beatles?

Attached: 1656105855303.png (1200x1200, 2.32M)

Probably not.

No

It didn't, so no

lol no
smile falling apart is the best thing that could've happened to the beach boys, it gave them and all their fans a shoulda woulda coulda legend to cope with

Not in popularity, but it would definitely be considered one of the greatest albums of all time. Even in it's unfinished state it's better than Pet Sounds.

Already does

Yes. It would have kept them from falling apart as Lennon and Harrison would have been forced in line under McCartneys direction

excellent album and i prefer what we have of the material from the time to sgt pepper’s, but it would have been met with even more confusion and indifference than pet sounds or smiley smile was I think. not exactly radio friendly beyond the 3 minute version of heroes and villains and good vibrations.

TOSS ME A CARROT

No because Beatles were more straight-rock and Beach boys were more art-pop.

SMiLE to me is what Tusk was to Rumours. Sure people like Tusk (and some hate it) but Rumours will always take the spotlight

Now this is cope

Would've been No 1 for a week then drop down. Still a hit, but not as big as Summer Days and Summer Nights

I like it, but nah. And I don't like the Beatles

I think they would've recognize its quality if it were completed; however, they were already moving away from Art/Baroque/Psycedelic pop thing.
Also, this.

this

Had it been released before sgt.pepper like it was supposed to, yes. Hopefully it would have given the beach boys the confidence to go straight to their friends-era music to keep the momentum.

in my opinion, yes.

How I veiw it, if the genral public and critics could barely comprehend Smiley Smile when that came out, how would they have understood actual Smile? I think Smile is amazining and Brian's finest work besides Love You, but I can admit, the album would have flopped hard had it been relased as intended. It was just too much and too out there for a genral audience, and critics who were expecting something akin to Pet Sounds would of been thrown off as well.

>Smiley Smile
just listening to it. it seems to be lacking in actual good songs. sure its got bits strung together with oos and ahhs and sound effects but not actual good memorable songs.

Even the fucked up schizophrenia delay story is more of a success story than most of artists wish they have,

Smile is one of the greatest album of all time, without even existing, this is how based the album is.

Attached: CyXvcMRWQAEhcr8.jpg (960x548, 55.48K)