Best drummer in the world in Ian Paice

>best drummer in the world in Ian Paice
>best vocalist in the world in Ian Gillain
>best guitarist in the world in Ritchie Blackmore
>best keyboard player in the world in Jon Lord
>best bassist in the world in Roger Glover
Holy fucking shit is this the biggest supergroup ever? I don't see how other bands can even compete with 70s Purple.

Attached: xuyuqr1536090833.jpg (1000x562, 136.46K)

Good up to Burn.
Coverdale ruined the band after that, so Burn was their last good album.

Individual members of CAN outside of maybe Damo were way better. Also Coverdale>Gillain

ELP>

blackmore's ego ruined the band, but otherwise we wouldn't have had rainbow...so whatever

>best drummer in the world
I think I agree. There are four or five drummers (including Paice) who are the epitome of good rock drumming
>best vocalist
That honor goes to Ozzy
>best guitarist
Blackmore is good, but he's not THAT good. I can easily think of 10 better guitarists
>best keyboard player
Look, I love Jon Lord, but a lot of his stuff is quite formulaic if you actually listen to the chords he plays. Best keyboardist has got to be Emerson
>best bassist
Glover is really fucking good. But so is Squire, Entwistle, Geddy, and Jack Bruce
Don't get me wrong, I love 70s Purple. In terms of straightforward rock instrumentation, they're pretty unmatched. The thing is their lyrics suck. Call me a faggot, but lyricism is a big appeal of music to me, and most of their lyrics are just cookiecutter trite rock "YEAH BABY I LOVE TO ROCK OUT AND BANG CHICKS." Now I like that style of lyric, I really do, but after a few albums of the same old shit I get a little tired.

>Ozzy
stopped reading right there
into the trash it goes

Mogs

Attached: genesis.jpg (1024x576, 131.43K)

Hughes>Coverdale>Gillan

two shit opinions at once, amazingly pleb taste

>That honor goes to Ozzy

Attached: 1316842684847.jpg (360x360, 18.45K)

Smoke on the Water is the worst song on Machine Head.

Heh. Let’s go space truckin’

Grateful Dead for millennial hipsters

It we're going to be real Gillan is just a discount Plant who is just a less gay Halford

ok boomer

This. This is the one.

based insomniac

>all that individual talent
>as a group they suck and don't even have one memorable album
Many such cases. Sad!

In Rock shits all over your favorite rock album

>Paice
How do you pronounce this, like "pace" or "pie-eese" or "pay-eese"?