I've watched your face for a long time

>I've watched your face for a long time
>It's always the same
>I've studied the cracks and the wrinkles
>You were always so vain

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Bernard-Sumner-840x658.jpg (840x658, 87.65K)

It was called love, I think.

>Tonight I should have stayed at home
>Playing with my pleasure zone

fpbp.

Ughh, I was just listening to this today on the speakers annoying my neighbors. It’s so beautiful. I’ve always interpreted it as being about his (maybe unrequited, maybe shared?) love for Ian Curtis, or somebody else whom he couldn’t talk about publicly because successful people weren’t allowed to be out as gay back then. Though to be honest I think most of most of New Order’s songs are about his love/platonic longing for Curtis (who was also pretty bisexual if you check the lyrics of Ceremony)

It’s also about Nazism like most of JD/NO’s songs, and so I also kind of think of it as being about the love between an “unmentionable” couple during that time. I mean the whole song is basically just about being gay, and how throughout history, society-wide homophobia just kills people. It was Bernard Sumner protesting against homophobia and the British government-led anti gay propaganda push of the 80s.

I think the imagery of a cracked/wrinkled face sort of recalls a statue (another thing that ties into the theme of Nazism, they were very into statues of gorgeous men) and also obviously the face of a dead person

>I'm a faggot so everyone else is secretly a faggot too
and no, I don't mean gay, just a faggot

Bernard Sumner was literally gay, there’s a video of him dancing with a man on stage at a NO concert and kissing him on the lips in a very gay bottom way. Also wait until you find out that I’m not just a faggot, I’m a troon.

Stop making shit up

He's married to a woman whom he has three children with.

what a heterosexual response that in no way exemplifies your unresolved attraction to men

>he's married so he's not gay
oh no no no no

It must suck that no matter what you write there will always be a couple of midwits thinking it's about Ian, like i checked the comments for their newest song "Be a Rebel" and there's faggots saying it's about Ian, jesus fucking christ.

Attached: 1639004308818.jpg (455x420, 43.43K)

You are very silly. Pretty much everyone I’ve ever met whose favorite band is NO is a massive closeted homosexual, because that is what all the songs are about. Just the longings of a somewhat right leaning, closeted Aryan man to suck some black dick (seriously his bf in the video was a black guy)

Is Stephen Morris also gay? What about Gillian? Are there gays in the wall, talking to you right now?

it means that Bernard is one of the worst singers and lyricists of an acclaimed band ever but it somehow works

They literally sprayed their instruments with LGBT slogans

Attached: gay sperm.jpg (722x396, 147.8K)

>Singers
Probably
>Lyricist
But they have tons of good lyrics, Leave Me Alone for example is great all around

This is what happens when autism meets Mancuniam humor, you get anons like this

Here are Bernard and Peter Hook at San Francisco Pride in 1983. Now tell me if it doesn’t have Emma Watson supporting trans people in 2022 vibes

Attached: 54B61B38-1F11-46F0-94E6-8669A6541D66.jpg (499x500, 98.18K)

Attached: 25217647-5CA3-42E3-8E2B-68120452CCEA.jpg (750x750, 68.21K)

Hook is married and has a son, i think you're a bit mentally ill.

Attached: A67DE149-C937-4A4F-82F8-91D7D68E1E76.jpg (964x960, 248.82K)

Not saying Hooky is gay but Bernard def was

Attached: 652D6A1B-A370-47DE-B32B-B87EC89C368E.jpg (960x977, 98.04K)

They made electro pop, wtf do you expect. New Order were the least gay band of that scene.

Electro pop is just a normie way of saying new wave