I was watching the Canned Heat performance at Woodstock and YouTube and noticed how particularly bad the second...

I was watching the Canned Heat performance at Woodstock and YouTube and noticed how particularly bad the second guitarist was during his improv solo. He literally just does the same riff over and over again and uses some feedback, that's it. You'd think they'd have a better guitar player baka.

youtube.com/watch?v=6smtAY8dXSI&t=4m05s

Attached: cannedheat-735x413.jpg (735x413, 20.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_(music)
youtu.be/2c-3BnwbeTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uh you mean the rhythm guitar? Just exactly do you think they are supposed to do? It's not dueling banjos

during a solo, usually you um... solo? not just play the same riff, fucking moron

They played the blues. Not a very complex music. Please understand.

white college boys suck at rock guitar

the rhythm guitarist usually um... plays rhythm?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_(music)

Nomsayin?

holy shit those are some laughably bad solos. lol
did you even watch the video? op is clearly talking about both. they take turns one solo following the other. both are really fucking bad. i personally think the dude with the yellow guitar who solos first is worse

It's out of ordinary for solos to be accompanied by the rhythm section.

youtu.be/2c-3BnwbeTc

lol this band literally just straight up ripped off or covered black blues artists in the most white washed cringe way ever. their only "hits" werent even their songs they were black folk musicians///

why did boomers think this was cool? theyll be like "woah a dude bends some notes and plays some fast riffs over a repeated 4 chord groove for 5 minutes! this is so heckin epic" and treat them like a god

and then those same people woudlnt listen to actual interesting jazz or free improv or whatever. just shitty pop rock with some boomer guitar solo

Black artists ripped off the Scots-Irish folk traditions of their slave masters.

Have you ever played guitar? Did you live in a pre internet world?

Zoomers will have plenty to be criticized over in 20 years time don't worry your sweet little LGBTQIA head over it

yes i play guitar far better than those cringelord boomers.

You're probably lying, but even if you're more technically proficient there's no way you have as much SOVL

Post playing or STFU

yes some corporate boomers who sail on yachts all day goes on stage and does some le epic shredding in the same style every rock guitarist since the 50s has soloed... "wow what soul. this is so deep!"

>9 posters

Attached: now-this-is-samefagging.jpg (480x315, 41.35K)

Stop stalling and post it bitch

It's a mix of that and their own tribal music. The pentatonic scale existed in Africa, too. The banjo is their invention. Call and response is theirs. And there are some examples in west Africa of proto blues.