No /jazz/ thread? Got off work a while ago and it's hot as hell...

No /jazz/ thread? Got off work a while ago and it's hot as hell. Listening to pic related while high and with an iced tea in hand is a pleasant time. What are you listening to Any Forums?

Attached: miles-davis_porgy-and-bess_album-cover.jpg (600x600, 72.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wa6D3Z2YkhY
youtu.be/oOWgbo5BjmI
radiojuicy.bandcamp.com/album/queens-2
youtu.be/-5gaNsi56cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

listening to this now, been trying to get more familiar with jazz lately. Any guitar heavy recommendations?

Not sure if you're looking for 50s-60s jazz type stuff or jazz fusion. For former I'd go with Idle Moments by Grant Green or The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery. Both of these albums show a great range of proficiency and spirit in the playing but are definitely on the cool jazz spectrum so be in the right mood going into them.

Once jazz fusion rose at the end of the 1960s and especially the early 1970s, there was a lot of electric guitar and keyboard added to the genre. Here's a pretty wicked project with Jack McLaughlin on guitar: youtube.com/watch?v=wa6D3Z2YkhY

sonny sharrock - black woman
al di meola - elegant gypsy

Bump

Attached: Art-Blakey-Indestructuble-album-cover-820.jpg (820x820, 227.49K)

bump

you know Bu's Delight?

youtu.be/oOWgbo5BjmI

I was listening to Kind of Blue earlier when I was making dinner

got this for the wife. but really...it was an excuse to get it for myself.

Attached: 0020785394_10.jpg (1200x675, 126.11K)

forgot link
radiojuicy.bandcamp.com/album/queens-2

youtu.be/-5gaNsi56cw

based sex-haver

B U M P

not jazz

at least give Pat Metheny a shot

like you want to get into traditional jazz, he might not be your guy since he was kind of a second wave fusion guitarist trying to do new stuff, but he has some great albums

Attached: bright-size-life1.jpg (500x500, 18.97K)

After months of procrastination, I finally finished my Hard Bop Essentials chart. Thoughts?

Attached: hard bop.jpg (1613x1125, 481.54K)

seems pretty good

I don't think those are the Horace Silver albums I'd pick - for sure I'd work in Song for my Father and I think Cape Verdean Blues is one of the great hard bop albums as well

Clifford Brown/Max Roach Study in Brown gets usually classified as hard bop and I think that belongs in there

Also I'd say Miles' Milestones is mostly a hard bop album and I prefer it to Walkin/Cookin/Steamin/Workin

nice