Bands with the most potential that failed thread

Bands with the most potential that failed thread
I'll start:

Attached: wp2080991.jpg (1920x1080, 395.91K)

I beginning to think the first album and a handful of good singles and b sides was all the had in them. And that's no shame really.

100 gecs

Zwan

Better them just having the first album opposed to more shit like Second Coming

The Libertines

Who’s this?

Ian Brown made a few good solo albums while John Squire hasn't made anything of note

Maybe but I think The Seahorses and Ian Browns Solo work show they both could make great music still. Better than the second coming atleast

Oh it’s stone roses nvm

The Stone Roses

The Seahorses were mediocre outside of love is the Law

They would have only fulfilled their significant potential if they became a studio act. Ian Brown is one of the worst live singers of the modern era.

Black Midi. Schlagenheim is a modern classic and they're an amazing live band, but they haven't been able to recapture that magic in the studio. Obviously the fourth member who left was a lot more integral to their sound than they'd like to admit.

The first album is so, so good and everything else they did is a fetid, steaming pile of poo.

Attached: boston.jpg (300x300, 19.7K)

Attached: image_2022-07-18_200205120.png (900x1200, 1.74M)

Yeah I could definately imagine a mash up of seahorses and unfinshed monkey era brown. But those guys went their seperate ways personality wise even before second coming. Silvertone/zomba did more to kill the group than anyone else. Glad they made up though.

It was kind of the first time that the instance of a band spending years developing their hyped first album then failing to follow it up with worthy material happened.

Attached: up-bloc_party.jpg (460x372, 134.78K)

Not a band but Emitt Rhodes

inb4 some retarded, autistic contrarian posts Piper at the Gates of Dawn.