RAM IT DOWN

This album is incredible for a plethora of reasons, and you can really tell that Ram it Down is something special from Rob Halford's first scream of the album, right at the beginning. Balls to the wall action paired with deep-meaning and the complex inter-twining of incredible vocals and instrumentation culminate in the ultimate rock/metal experience. Every other album I have listened to since is painful to the point where I would rather grind my balls against a cheese-grater while filing away at my teeth with a bastard file (I'm looking at you Wildflower by the Avalanches, Earth 2 by Earth and Animal Collective, as a fucking whole).

Attached: ram it down.jpg (300x300, 9.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-XZIaVydk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course, I would be remiss to discuss this masterpiece of an album, without mentioning the album's title track, Ram it Down, which is by far the best song on the album. Of course, Ram it Down is track one of the album, and as far as openers go it does not dissapoint. Opening with Rob Halford's legendary scream, truly showing off his super-human vocal range and sustain, followed by one of the band's best guitar riffs of all time, the pace of the album is set within the first 5 seconds. The song Ram it Down itself is very clearly a statement about the band's political ideology, as well as the more broad beliefs of metal and rock culture as a whole. "To Ram it Down" is referring to the destruction of societal barriers that once oppressed those within the metal and rock sub-cultures, as such it is a song about freedom. Beyond this however, Ram it Down calls for all to fight for the freedom of those oppressed by government laws and societal norms, by taking the fight "straight to the heart of this town", or, to lobby your local members of government for change. "A thousand cars and a million guitars" refers to, of course, the army of rock, that fought for thier rights and culture to be recognized by society, but as mentioned earlier it is not simply about rock or metal, but about the freedom of all who are marginalized by our current socio-political structures.

shit music for shit "people"

Some may say this album is a pieced together, an amalgam of seperate songs varying wildly in tone, quality and meaning. However, those people are fucking stupid and should be lobotomized in such a way that they are incapable of forming speech, so that they can't spread thier dumb cunt ideas to any other retards.

I fucking hate modern music and pretentious "music reviewers"

Overall I give Ram it Down a solid 13.5/12

Ram It Down is definitely one of the worst Priest albums. It's above Nostrodamus and the Ripper era stuff, but it's still pretty low

Ok name a better album then, I'll wait.

Ram It Down is an excellent album. It has the catchy poppy songs of Turbo (but better) like Come and Get It, I'm a Rocker and Heavy Metal. It has songs that are heavy as fuck like Ram It Down, Hard as Iron and Love You to Death. Great slow songs like Monsters of Rock and Blood Red Skies. But there is some filler like the god awful Johnny B. Goode cover and Love Zone is pretty mediocre. >Some may say this album is a pieced together, an amalgam of seperate songs varying wildly in tone, quality and meaning. However, those people are fucking stupid and should be lobotomized in such a way that they are incapable of forming speech, so that they can't spread thier dumb cunt ideas to any other retards.
Gigabased take. This album is unironically better than Screaming for Vengeance, British Steel, Hellbent for Leather.

Screaming for Vengeance

Attached: gigacha.jpg (1280x720, 64.66K)

Thank you for your awful take. It is people like you who are killing the music industry.

>Love Zone is pretty mediocre
Just pulled up the album and changed my mind. I love this song. The chorus is a little cheesy but it's good. Disregard my retardation.

Even if strictly talking 80's Priest...British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith

Interesting, I mean it's still lower tier on my Priest album preferences, but more power to you. I've always felt like Point of Entry, Turbo, and Ram it Down were the lesser albums overall that have some ok tunes, but I much prefer other albums of theirs from the 80's

You done?

Actually you know what? No I am not fucking done, I am so sick of people like you trying to deny Ram it Down as a masterpiece simply because you lack the comprehension skills to recognize it.

British Steel is really good, but it has a lot of filler. Breaking the Law (I get it boomers, you remember MTV but I'm sorry, I don't like this song), United, You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise, Living After Midnight.
I like Vengeance, but it just has too many fucking ballads. I agree with Point of Entry and Turbo. Even if Turbo is a massive guilty pleasure of mine. Priest BTFO'd 90% of LA at their own game. I never got the hate for Ram It Down though.

Turbo is saved almost entirely by Turbo Lover, which despite the cheese, is one of if not the best Priest song.

Idk man I love almost every song other than Parental Guidance. Turbo Lover, Locked In, Private Property, Rock You All Around The World, Out in the Cold, Wild Nights Hot Crazy Days and fucking Reckless. It's one hell of a hair metal album. BTFO'd 90% of the LA scene in '86. It's a killer record if you're into that kind music.

And fuck how did I forget to mention the badass Hot for Love. This song fucking rips.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-XZIaVydk

You have convinced me to relisten to Turbo, so far it's actually great, hell I actually like Parental Guidance, good taste.

I mean, it's not an album I'd give to a pop someones Priest cherry or anything, but if you're really into hair metal/poppy 80's hard rock it's very good. It also helps the entire album has some of KK and Glen's best twin guitar harmonies/solos ever written.

black midi lol