50 Years since Close to the Edge

It's been 50 years since Close to the Edge released, while probably the best overall Album, we got one that we think is better. Post them, anyone saying "The Quest" don't count

Attached: 2557544afaa56fbc8ef142d74b15457a.640x640x1.jpg (640x640, 39.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_hAhzdk-h8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No doubt it's the best, but this ones my personal fav.

Attached: ab67616d0000b2731d0a98db675f174fe4dbbe9a.jpg (640x640, 170.86K)

I really like Magnification
I'd consider it one of their last good albums.
Tales from Topographic oceans or Yes (Studio Album) are all interchangeable with me

Attached: SIR4019.jpg (1425x1425, 1.56M)

I obviously love their prog-heavy stuff, but their first 3 albums bring me so much joy to listen to. Their first album is so so underrated, amazing 60s happy rock. Starship Trooper has to be my favorite Yes song because of how good I feel when I listen to it.

For me, as legendary as CTTE is, nothing compares to Relayer.

Wakeman's a fucking legend for sure, but with Moraz in the band they had adapted a much more jazzier sound, which for me took them into a whole new level.

I like it because it goes harder/crazier. Plus The Gates of Delirium is a much more complete epic than Close to the Edge in my opinion.

AFTER ALL
YOUR SOUL WILL STILL SURRENDEEEEEEEEEER

love that end of story feel to the ending

Close to the Edge may be the most perfect song ever. Siberian Khatru, while still a good song, prevents the album from being perfect.

>IIIII GETTTTT UPPPPPPPP

Objectively speaking, why does their music sound so strange? I think I heard that they had their guitars tuned differently than the standard way or something idk i don't know shit about music theory

I tried playing it for my dad and he didn't get it and called it a cacophony. (He's more into speedy rock and regular melodies like Yngwie Malmsteen.)
Yes is definitely skilled though you can see it in youtube.com/watch?v=8_hAhzdk-h8

>Yes is definitely skilled
They’re all literal prodigies at their instruments. The weirdness comes from the choice of texture on their instruments, as well as the compositions themselves being pretty out there in their use of harmony

Close to the Edge > Tales from Topographic Oceans > Relayer > Fragile > Tormato > The Yes Album > Drama > Going for the One

Attached: 1618423524264.jpg (1636x1940, 492.96K)

Close to the Edge is such a perfect song. It keeps me interested all throughout, introducing new concepts ever minute. The weakest song on the album is And You and I though. Khatru is like a triumphant victory lap, I like that it ends the album.

Close to the Edge > The Yes Album > Relayer > Drama > Fragile > 90125 > Going for the One > Tales from Topographic Oceans > Yes > Time and a Word > Tormato

Attached: 1548704699820.jpg (237x320, 21.9K)

>weakest song is and you and I
I used to think that but, in fact i thought that of most slow yes ballads. Now they’re soul soothing and more beautiful than anything

That's fair. While I would still say And You And I and To Be Over are the weakest on their respective albums, they're a lot closer now than they were when I first listened. And after recently going back to Yes '69 I discovered Yesterday and Today which is one of my favorites.

could be any of these three desu

Attached: topsters2 (5).jpg (1044x428, 115.25K)

I remember trying to listen to Yes once, it just sounded like a bunch of notes thrown together without rhythe or reason. No songs, just notes

>generalizes the entire band to the first 3 minutes of Close to the Edge

Why do people leave out The Ladder when discussing Yes? It's not even a bad album.

What does Any Forums think of Tales From Topographic Oceans?

Attached: 8702987.jpg (1425x1425, 446.81K)

>the greatest love song ever is the weakest song

Attached: 6378.jpg (605x340, 29.19K)

final track is great, they should have edited the rest & made it 1 lp