I unironically, not American Psycho meme, love this fucking album...

I unironically, not American Psycho meme, love this fucking album. I used to be a prog era genesis elitist fag but now I get it. It’s actually so good bros.

Attached: BA90F1D5-F625-4D52-86A5-452CFA2704DC.jpg (600x600, 156.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's shit and the production is terrible

Yeah it's fantastic. Peak 80's pop. Land of Confusion best track.

I like both eras and I'm tired of the bickering between the fans. Or rather, it's usually Gabriel snobs doing most of the seething.

Attached: collins.jpg (600x853, 81.18K)

Someday you'll be sorry
Someday when you're free
Memories will remind you that our love was meant to be
But late at night when you call my name, the only sound you'll hear
Is the sound of your voice calling, calling after me

Attached: 298.jpg (600x600, 42.33K)

>Genesis Found the Apocalypse: The Misfortuned Saga of Phil Collins
Nah, Brand X is miles more soulful.

Brand X was like a parody of fusion. Even classic Genesis wasn't nearly as wanky.

THE GREY OF EVENING, FILLS THE ROOM

THERE'S NO NEED TO LOOK OUTSIDE

TO SEE OR FEEL THE RAIN

Attached: apu guitar sings.png (1054x750, 427.48K)

It's pretty good. I think the self-titled is their best 80s album though, and Trick of the Tail is the best album with Phil singing overall.

>muh wank
It's just your normalfag-tier shit taste though. Predictable.

Domino is a fucking banger

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U

great album

all the singles from this album are perfectly written pop songs. I wish I could've seen this tour with a joint.

I'm gonna copy this and replace it with the songs i like

OMG. THIS.
SO. MUCH. THIS.

>musicians being good at using their instruments is... LE BAD!

It doesn't scratch the same itch as their more prog albums like Trick of the Tail, Selling England, Lamb Lies Down, etc, but I love it too.

you are a glowie shill for that, at least post Duke or their self-titled

seriously, it baffles me how allergic fans of music are to real musical talent and musicians who know any music theory

I really wish Kevin Gilbert didn’t off himself and got the gig to replace Phil. I’m sure that would have been an amazing fit. I’m surprised you programs here don’t mention Kevin Gilbert at all.

>programs
Thanks spellcheck
*progfags

Gabriel genesis < Phil Genesis < Phil Solo < gabriel solo
Simple as

Attached: C8FE745B-27F5-46C2-A5D4-023251BE99BE.jpg (1000x1000, 79.65K)