Singlehandedly destroyed their entire career

>singlehandedly destroyed their entire career

Attached: a0115647644_10.jpg (1200x1200, 445.99K)

moreso the pitchfork review that hurt their reputation, not their career. that being said, great fucking album

>feels, strawberry jam, mpp
they had a perfect streak
name a single good album after mpp.
they lost all their talent

They were never good. Seriously

God imagine if they'd just broken up after dropping MPP

MPP woulda been hailed as a classic. I mean it's already sort of a pseudo-classic due to popularity but yeah it would've been legendary had they not dropped CHz/PW

Who?

Can somebody explain to me why this is so much worse than MPP? I feel the same way, but I can't put my finger on it. What happened?

CHz seemed like the next logical step in their progression. It’s like they can’t sustain the burden of the success so they just have to make something crazy and fucked up.

MPP is full of awesome pop songs. When an experimental band produces a band of good, widely acclaimed pop songs — there is always the temptation to say, "Oh no, we're becoming too pop. People might think we're selling out. Let's deliberately adopt a harsher, more avant garde style to prove our authenticity!" Ironically, it's giving in to this temptation that proves they aren't authentic. It's snobbish and pseudo-intellectual move to make your best work and then repent of it because it's popular.

someone post the Any Forums comic about Deakin returning and them making CHz.

They literally made an anti-MPP album
>abrasive songs
>ugly cover art
>stupid title
at least they didn't sell out I guess

The fuck are you on about, they've always gravitated to different sounds with each release and they keep on doing it to this day. No one complained when they went from mellow Feels to the more abrassive Strawberry Jam. Same thing happened again but MPP bandwagoners never listened to anything other than MPP so of course they shat on them and proclaimed that "they lost it" (they didn't).

Attached: 1453950023309.jpg (480x319, 23.24K)

>MPP is full of awesome pop songs
[citation needed]

Sounds better than ever 10 years on, at its very best when LOUD. Never got the hate, although this record is how I got into anco in the first place

remember all those anons defending time skiffs as the return of anco? where are they? lol
really makes ya think...

centipede Hz

It damaged their career because of how horrid some of the tracks are, but PW is what did the most damage. Seriously thought they were done and they'd never recover or release anything good again. Time Skiffs is such a relief, and their next album will probably be even better judging from the bootlegs / live videos.

it is good, never understood the hate

better than strawberry jam, in hindsight

>Time Skiffs is such a relief
lmao

I just saw them live the other night, and ironically the cuts they played from CHz were some of the best songs of the night (psych fried version of wide eyed, dub pop rework of applesauce). This leads me to believe that the songs on CHz are great at their core, and it's mostly a mixing/mastering issue that really flattened them.

Either way, their only bad album is PW. Really glad they took a lot of time after that one to rework the formula.