Yeah...I'm thinkin' rock is back

Yeah...I'm thinkin' rock is back.

Attached: rock is saved.png (894x448, 763.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUj6NQJG8iw
youtube.com/watch?v=6XYYvlS924E
youtube.com/watch?v=xTMrhrjQIf0
youtube.com/watch?v=Va7-QzlEg4I
youtube.com/watch?v=iuOuNv25UPg
youtube.com/watch?v=88b_aNE2ly8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=NUj6NQJG8iw

when did it ever go away

Ok, now it makes sense. The thread may proceed upon this basis.

Attached: rock corrected.jpg (1437x720, 697.18K)

What's with people not liking BC/NR's sophomore album here?

it's okay, liked it more than their debut and can see what's to like about it sure, but it's simply not rock so including it in this statement is plain incorrect

It's more rock than Time Skiffs is. The album with Basketball Shoes is less appropriate here than the one with We Go Back?

All of the records here are great except for the Merzbow one; Skinty Fia or the Deathcrash album should be there instead.

What would you call it then? I agree it's definitely not Art Rock or Post-Rock this time around though
Can't speak on Time Skiffs (never finished it), but the whole Ants From Up There is really toned down opting for a more mellow vibe which can go matching with the climax of these songs

I don't say it's not rock, it's just unremarkable through and through. Shouldn't even be in the conversation about rock coming back, bands have been releasing mediocre stuff for years.

for me, it's Mush
youtube.com/watch?v=6XYYvlS924E
youtube.com/watch?v=xTMrhrjQIf0
turns out, as well as by inventing a new subgenre or discovering a new way to play an instrument, rock music can also be good just by having big chunky riffs and being fun

prog pop

>rock music can also be good just by having big chunky riffs and being fun
Agreed, user, but what does Mush have to do with good rock music?

Any good prog pop albums or albums like this one?

if you specifically enjoyed AFUT more than FTFT you may enjoy Field Music, try Measure, Flat White Moon, or Tones Of Town in that order
youtube.com/watch?v=Va7-QzlEg4I
youtube.com/watch?v=iuOuNv25UPg
youtube.com/watch?v=88b_aNE2ly8

Thanks user for the names and links

Like AFUT or Time Skiffs?

For the former, I'd recommend Slapp Happy, Métronomie by Nino Ferrer, and Aviary by Julia Holter.

For the latter, I'd recommend Bruno Pernadas, the first Almendra album, (Os) Mutantes, and Tropical Dandy by Haruomi Hosono. Maybe Gal Costa if you like tropicalia.

And though you probably know them already, there are no better places to start for prog-pop than 10cc, The Alan Parsons Project, and especially Supertramp.

>black cunts new hole
>rock
i give up

Attached: 1561163011502.jpg (700x688, 68.57K)

The band don't look or act like rockstars, their lyrics can be abrasive, the music is more measured and less enjoyably crazy, and there's a sizable counterjerk against hugely well-received albums on Any Forums.

Not to imply any of those other than the last are unreasonable, of course, but I like them just the same.

they pulled a full bait-and-switch on their entire sound, aesthetic, and live catalogue, I get bands switching up drastically from album to album, bm pulled it off, but bcnr are basically a different band and not the one I got into now

I get that their shift in tone and composition is pretty jarring, I've gone through that with bands too. That being said, is it really fair to call it a bait-and-switch? Do bands owe it to their listeners to hand over the direction of their creative processes?

No, they don't, and it doesn't represent any personal animosity towards the band's members, it's just why I'm not really into their studio output beyond the first two singles apart from one or two tracks like Track X, Science Fair and Basketball Shoes

What's the yellow one under Squid?

Ok, I get what you're saying now. They're definitely a different band now, though one I happen to like just as much. It's understandable to be disappointed though, given their new material isn't your cup of tea. No hard feelings, user, I was being gauche.