Is a degree in music history worth it? College is free here, so debt isn't really a problem

Is a degree in music history worth it? College is free here, so debt isn't really a problem.

Attached: 1644242443537.png (497x812, 680.28K)

Why don't you just get a music degree and learn the musical history on the side?

If it's free go for it? You probably won't get a job in it unless you're extremely driven, charismatic and/or intelligent but if you just do it for the love of it then sure i don't see the harm

>Is a degree in music history worth it?
>College is free here, so debt isn't really a problem.
Doesn't matter since you're not going to learn anything whichever subject you choose

if you're okay with not ever doing any work in the field except for as a hobby go for it

>Is a degree in music history worth it?
"Worth it" in what way? Like will it get you a job? No.

if you're going to spend four years at a university, spend the time there studying something that will get you a job. you can learn music history just going to a fucking library.

If a degree can get you that kind of pic related clunge on the regular then hell yeah its worth it huh

only if you want to be like this guy

Attached: music history major.png (640x695, 550.58K)

Somebody said this is man, I don't think that's true. I think she puts that in her bio bc that's what edgy zoomers do

Why are this fags like that?

Attached: way_too_black.jpg (500x453, 124.29K)

she's not there are pics of her before

who even is this semen demon? penised or not

kek I remember that exchange

Attached: EGWta9kX0AAQ5rV.jpg (951x580, 74.93K)

I would do this personally. With Music you learn multiple skills, performance, composition, theory and history. Having a pretty high level of understanding of these other topics might make learning music history easier or whatever.

her instagram is sinisterdarling

When I was in college, I knew a ton of people because I was involved with lots of student organizations. Here's what I saw (I'm American, btw):

>sociology, art history
Two have "careers" at grocery stores. These people did well in college, but these degrees were practically useless. The one doing the best wound up becoming a physician's assistant, which pays incredibly well, but it's an unrelated degree.

>education
I know one person who studied education, who's still a teacher. Everyone else tried teaching for a few months to a couple years, then got the hell out of the field and did something else.

>international relations
This one's a scattershot. It's a useless degree (it's my degree too), but it seems to say something about the people who choose to study it. Most wound up traveling, some worked abroad. They were all motivated people, but most are now doing unrelated things - one's an English teacher in Japan a decade, one works for the Department of Education in New York, one's a buyer for a mental hospital, one's a cashier at a department store, one's a reporter for Reuters.

>engineering
As far as I know, none of the engineers I knew are struggling. All found high paying jobs. Almost none of them seem super fulfilled, but they seem comfortable and happy enough, like they've passively accepted their lot in life. Take that as you will. But there's a lot to be said for the fact many were making $90K+ fresh out of college, when the rest of us were working retail.

>life sciences (physiology/biology)
Maybe this is a fluke for my social circles, but it seems like these people did the best. They all became doctors, nurses, speech-language pathologists, etc. If I have kids, I'll strongly suggest that they consider this route.

>psych
Not a single psych major I knew successfully became a psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist. They're all doing other things.

>anthropology + religious studies
There's a weird pipeline between these and school administration jobs

Very accurate and thorough desu. I got both a liberal arts and a STEM degree and even though I enjoyed my liberal arts classes much more and the people in them are much more interesting, I ended up going down the STEM career path because it's a much safer option. The arts people I know are either in a completely different field or working at Starbucks if they have a job at all. The downside being the STEM job is pretty boring (to me) and the people in the field are 90% tech work automatons with no inner life, although the research heads are typically quite intelligent and generally more interesting

>Almost none of them seem super fulfilled
That's because design work is kind of gay and retarded. You want to be doing field work as much as possible to enjoy engineering, at least in my experience.

WORTH WHAT?!

worth the paper it's printed on