Anybody here record with a mixer like this?

Anybody here record with a mixer like this?

Attached: allenheath_zed12fx_large_1.jpg (1000x1162, 221.07K)

we used this exact one at al college

Thinking about dropping some dough on this, is it worth it for doing live acid house and techno performances? Want to replace my broken behringer mixer

anyone who drops money on hardware like this just is too stupid to learn how to use their computer. please dont tell me you want it for the "vibe"

I bought almost this exact same mixer, except it's a Presonus with Bluetooth. It's pretty clean so far in trials at home, but I haven't gotten to break it in properly yet.

Ever tried running sound at a club gig? If a PC/Mac crashes mid-gig you're fucked for a while.

just dont use avid products and youll be fine. ever had a mackie die on you?

yes... to tape. I've also used one when I didn't have an interface for a laptop... board out into the laptop's 1/8" audio in jack. Unless you have a board with good, quite preamps and output it isn't ideal. You can run channel outputs into interface line inputs if you are recording digital.
lol. so true.

Yup. When you watch people walking out and you get those icy stares and the hovering by band members, you'll think again about using a mixer.

Plenty of venues use digital mixers that are controlled remotely by the sound guy using an ipad. And ipad could just as easily crash, yet I've seen a larger number of clubs using them.

I meant in smaller bars with a four piece band or something

Bump

The sound doesn’t run through the iPad dumbass…it’s just a remote control

I never said that, user. You're so eager to feel smart that you willfully misinterpreted what I typed.

So then why would it matter if the iPad crashed?

>I bought almost this exact mustang
>except it's a lada with no ac

We have this exact one at the brewery where I work
I'm always nagging my colleagues to drop the master fader before stopping a song and especially when (dis)connecting the aux cable

get the tascam you blithering idiot

Breweries have sound systems?

Some of us are old school and like the feel of faders under our fingers

a lot of breweries have tap rooms that are either open daily or have frequent events. some of them cater.

even about half of the smaller dive bars my band plays at have the digital mixer and ipad setup now, basically anywhere that *kinda* gives a shit about sound e.g. has an actual vocal monitor speaker on stage.