The Fender Telecaster

THE most influential, groundbreaking instrument of the 20th century. The closest we have to divine perfection in terms of versatility, ergonomics, and aesthetics. It’s utilized by more artists across more genres than you may realize (ex: one that surprised me recently was Clarence Clarity).

>say something nice, or post Tele content

Attached: E86C92A5-E3BD-4F5B-9095-95F18D124CB5.jpg (1500x494, 56.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HQjOSx6H-Pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's great but for me, it's the jaguar

SG better

Attached: 4EA22DB6-B812-470B-99B6-E225659F21A2.jpg (717x678, 107.05K)

it works in rock, country, funk and jazz
what more do you need?

B-BUT METAL

You're retarded

strat looks worse, but is so much better to play
better than mustang or jaguar too imo

I guess it doesn't *look* 'badass' enough for you

KEN Mode would like a word with you…

youtu.be/HQjOSx6H-Pc

Nah

Attached: B90F4AE3-9E57-4E82-B42A-2AE5430825A9.gif (245x184, 1.65M)

god that rosewood tele is kino
shame it costs an arm, a leg, and a spleen

I just started back playing guitar this month after a 15 year break, looking for a new electric to start playing with some shoegaze soundscapes and I'm torn between a Telecaster and a Jazzmaster.

Any pros and cons?

I like the Telecaster because it’s more machine that guitar. It feels like more of a departure from the source instrument than any of the Gibson style electric guitars. Probably has a lot to do with Leo Fender not being a luthier. It helped to make the guitar more a method of “delivering sound” than simply “amplifying a guitar”. The electric guitar is simply a neck, pickups, and strings. “Tonewoods”, “set necks/neck through”, et al. shouldn’t take prominence over the manipulation of an electrical signal. An electric guitar should be like what a synth is and the Telecaster set that in motion much better than its contemporaries.

jazzmasters are castrated tele/stratocasters

What difference does it make? You losers couldn't play for shit no matter what guitar had in your hands lol

Telecaster? Stratocaster? Rubber bands stretched across the top of a tin can? To use for what? You fucking up the the intro to 'Enter Sandman' for the thousandth time even though you've been practicing it for a decade?

Seriously, this is like a thread about a Honda Civic when you don't even have a drivers license and still can't ride a bicycle without falling off lmfao

Real talk.

Attached: 1613937878859.png (400x384, 54.17K)

Jazzmaster is the better pick. It's more authentic to the shoegaze sound. But if you want a more versatile and overall better guitar the tele wins.

thanks Mr. Happy

For me, it's the japanese knock off teles

with better stock pickups

you are a massive fag, and projecting heavily, re-evaluate your life
this. also, idk what it is, but something about the pups deliver the clearest “ping” where the note “completes” without extra dirt or natural distortion. I love it.

and very temperamental bridges. They’re also kinda big and clunky compared to strats/teles.

post a vid of you shredding, we are all waiting

this and the les paul are the most attractive guitars imo

/thread

>/fa/ thread

Attached: 1617125960848.webm (1280x720, 634.81K)

definitely compared to strats, but teles are some of the least comfortable guitars ive ever played. 's comment on how the tele is more machine than a guitar is true and it's a double-edged sword - they're big hunks of wood with very little ergonomic ease of use, but they're versatile and pretty much get the job done for anything provided you're willing to modify a bit to get closer to some of the weirder sounds you'd want to achieve.