Thriller

It's not just his best album, but one of the best albums of all time. The typical 80s synths and electronic drums in some tracks are dated, but the songs themselves are so good that it doesn't matter. I've listened to a lot of different music, but in the end I keep coming back to Michael Jackson, especially this album.

Attached: thriller.jpg (768x768, 135.94K)

His discography is overrated
>Off The Wall
Some few good tracks like Off The Wall, Rock With You and Girflriend, but generally meh, too much fillers! A problem seen in his entire career
>Thriller
Some great tracks (Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller), the rest are fillers and that awful song with Faul
>Bad
The title says it all. Although title track and Smooth Criminal are undeniable classics, the rest falls short, and Man in The Mirror is just flat out bizarre, self indulgent and arrogant coming from a man with a dubious personality at best, so "holier than thou".
>Dangerous
Well, there is like 3 hits on this album and they're not even that good, MJ is showing signs of degradation and the production isn't brilliant anymore, Quincy Jones is severely missed.
>HIStory
Here he fell off hard, just one hit and that song in particular is filled with bizarre anti-semitic remarks that probably hurt a lot of people back then, so unnecessary.
>Invicible
The most expensive album of all time and for what? Just pure shit all the way through, not a single recognizable track
So overall i would say he had just 2 good albuns and the rest is mediocre at best.

Based. 40th anniversary this year.

Attached: 6293f6f5b625534f5afa048610c7ec56.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 90.78K)

THE SONG WITH FAUL IS *NOT* AWFUL

Human nature is my favorite song by him

I know right. I keep telling people this but they rarely listen. MJ was a once in a lifetime artist.I'm sad I didn't find him sooner.

>Some great tracks (Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller), the rest are fillers
Well I personally like Baby Be Mine and PYT but I can see why people would consider these to be fillers. Baby Be Mine is not as memorable as the other songs, and PYT is too 80s pop-ish.

Hey, Paul!

The Girl Is Mine is a truly awful song. The rest of the album is pretty good.

I love Mike (no homo)

Attached: no homo.jpg (382x99, 18.45K)

Don't care, he's a nigger and a pedo.
/thread

>just one hit and that song in particular is filled with bizarre anti-semitic remarks
>anti-semitic remarks
>kick me, kike me, any way ya like me

MOFI is pressing this for the 40th anniversary. Waiting on a SACD copy lol.

Michael was hyper talented as a singer and dancer, but this is Quincy Jones working the studio and a handful of studio players and writers like a boss. This was a master at the top of his craft here.

Attached: MJ and Q.jpg (1024x759, 266.79K)

Miles liked it enough to cover it

It's another episode of "morons fall for a copypasta".

Attached: HisDiscographyisOverrated.png (1292x660, 122.69K)

also, big credit to his longtime engineer Bruce Swedien and Toto. Lukather/Jeff Porcaro/David Paich were among the best in the business around this time, and Luke/Porcaro basically created Beat It in the studio.

Why you are so angry? It's just an opinion.

Looking forward to the 2nd disc of unreleased stuff

I have a copy of the 24 track for Billie Jean I'm looking forward to dissecting, when I get the time

This, he was a singles artist. Much similar to Queen