Serious question...

Serious question. I see people constantly praise this nigger as maybe the best producer and artist in the industry's history.

Why? I listened to some of his older stuff, but what did he do that every rapper didn't do before? Tupac, Jay-Z, I even think Drake has put out better material over time. Am I missing something?

Attached: kanye.jpg (640x960, 138.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vQ0u09mFodw
youtu.be/zhlP4lgDGGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same boat, I don't get the 'genius' label. Maybe because he suckered folk into over-paying for foam baby shoes?

no
his self aggrandizing has mind fucked half of the population into thinking that his minor accomplishments are the be all end all and we're all so racist we lift him up anyway because of how low our expectations of black people really are
most major artists and successful indie acts can be recontextualized to be of massive importance if you wanted them to be, the way sometimes happens when an artist dies for instance, but kanye has always run with the misunderstood genius narrative and he is indeed often misunderstood, so people just take the entire bait. everyone loves a supposed underdog

Irrelevant music. His best album is a product of Rick Rubin, Gesaffelstein and Arca. You can blame Pitchfork for giving My Beautiful Egotistic Cheap Fantasy a 10.

Assuming that this isn’t a troll, Kanye produced over half of The Blueprint and practically saved Jay-Z’s career from mediocrity. Most of what you like from Jay-Z was probably produced by Kanye. Drake’s entire sound wouldn’t exist without 808 and Heartbreaks.

He hasn’t done much of late, but nearly all of hip-hop and even pop since 2000 has been defined by what Kanye does, then he does something completely different.

when a dog looks at a man, he does not see an intellect beyond his comprehension
when you see kanye, you do not see an intellect beyond your comprehension

...all shitposting aside, Kanye is demonstrably more intelligent than the majority of people who critique his material. One reason for this is that people who spend time critiquing hip hop tend to be left curve.

>nearly all of hip-hop and even pop since 2000 has been defined by what Kanye does
this is a pretty good indication
every rock artist you can identify that "changed the game" by adopting a niche sound that became it's own subgenre- Kanye did that over and over and dragged the entire mainstream with him. it's a crazy accomplishment for a musician that doesn't have many parallels aside from maybe bob dylan.
imagine if every landmark shoegazing / dream pop / trip hop / noise pop / noise rock album (all ten in total kek) were made by kevin shields in the span of a decade or so. that would be comparable.

these posts kind of sound like insecurity more than anything else
>the mad genius (who is secretly a fool) has tricked these poor plebes into enjoying his art and fashion

>poor plebe

Kanye also borrows from underground music and applies it to mainstream rap and gets literally all the cred for not only bringing it to the mainstream but also for bringing it to rap. I'm not saying he's bad but don't deny that shit. He is not some godlike creative genius like reddit acts like he is

Racist fuck

"good artists borrow, great artists steal" isn't a meme
kanye stole a bunch of shit from the underground and bent it to his vision to make something undeniably more palatable
yeah sure early dalek was cooler and more interesting than anything on yeezus but that doesnt change the fact that a rapper released a mainstream album that was genuinely edgy as fuck for the mainstream at the time
velvet underground were far less edgy than their status in hipster canon would indicate, but lou reed was an extremely talented thief similarly to kanye

New slaves on its own is a masterpiece. youtu.be/vQ0u09mFodw

Also runaway youtu.be/zhlP4lgDGGA

Should be all you need to understand

you know whenever the music is put the side and politics takes centre, I'm reminded half of you are actual comatose freakazoids. get your heads out your asses

>sampling a hungarian dad rock tune
kek truly visionary.

So why do people really listen to him?

Wow great post OP. You're so edgy and cool.

The bar for rap is extremely low, so anyone with an IQ of over 95 who can play a few notes on a piano is considered a genius.
Just look at how much praise someone like Nas gets for his midwit, high school-tier lyrics.
I don't want to shit on black people, but it is what it is and we know it.

this
Also Kendrick Lamar is the same thing as Nas, praised for midwit lyrics

Normies scream genius at whoever recycles ideas from less popular music into a more accessible pleb friendly genre. In kanyes case this was just house stuff from Europe that wasn't big in America yet.

>I see people constantly praise this nigger as maybe the best producer and artist in the industry's history.
they fell for his marketing

He's a great hip hop producer, and has made some of the greatest beats of all time, particularly for Jay-Z in the 00s. But it was all downhill quality wise once he went solo.