UNWOUND REUNION INCOMING

instagram.com/p/Cf4VUOngVDu/

Attached: unwound.jpg (1500x1021, 252.11K)

>It's real
HOLY FUCK

THEY'RE BACK, MOTHERFUCKERS

but the bassist died like two years ago

wtf guys... this doesn't look good

im so excited. olympia show is gonna be insane. they'll have to play there

What do you guys like about Unwound? I've been trying to get into them but I find it mostly sterile and dispassioned. The rhythm section gets really tight and groovy sometimes, and sometimes they're capable of more intense performances like on Message Received, but mostly it's just kinda lackluster to me. What is it that get you excited about them?

it seems like they were sick of his shit by the end of their run and he was a huge detriment to the band

HAPPENING

I really don't know. There's some kind of magic in the 90s phc scene. Maybe it's the production, or in general the actual music they make. If you listen to bands like Refused there's a very obvious shift in sound. Unwound, for as chaotic as they can be at times, are generally way more mellowed and nuanced than any of their contemporaries. I just like it. They've got tight rhythm section and just the right amount of guitar and distortion. I don't feel pressured or overwhelmed when I'm listening to them.

Plus they drifted towards atmospheric and post-rock in the latter half of their career, and I'm a huge sucker for that.

>numero group:
reissues all kinds of great obscure private press shit from the 60s and 70s
>also numero group:
represses shitty capitalist 90s indie/emo/ and post hardcore thats popular among zoomers

>Unwound
>popular among zoomers
in what universe?

i am literally shaking right now
i literally just saw jawbreaker the other day in that same LA venue and a dude was wearing an unwnd shirt and we shot the shit and he went like "yeah i guess we're fucked on a reunion now that vern died"
unwound took a while to click with me when i was a kid, but their detachment is part of their schtick, it just wouldn't be the same if they were all amped up and hyped all the time imo
anyways just listen to new plastic ideas until it clicks

Attached: file.png (1080x1080, 2.16M)

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED THEY'RE PLAYING LA IN VALENTINE'S DAY

Tours I'm looking forward to in 2022:
>Unwound
>Gang Of Four
>World/Inferno Friendship Society
>Sun Ra Arkestra
>Women
>Maximillan Colby
>Beekeeper (NY)
>Joy Division
>Germs
>Steely Dan
>The Who
>Rush
>The Beatles
>Miles Davis
>Elvis Presley

but Gang Of Four did tour the U.S. earlier this year

Buying tickets for both Portland and Seattle

the closest concert for me is 1000 miles away

every 13 year old who just discovered the microphones and slint also listens to unwound

i want to live in this fake world you've created in your head
mostly because it seems i wouldn't have to pay any rent

They broke up cause they just hit their 30s, the bassist had a kid and the guitarist went back to school after. I think they naturally hit a point where things were gonna slow down so they pulled the plug to take the opportunity for new things

Based

they said in an interview when the reissues came out that they were more than willing to continue in 2001 and reunite now but rumsey's drinking problems made it impossible
don't get me wrong, i love rumsey, but the one reason they broke up and we never had a reunion until now was his unwillingness to stop the drink