Anything similar to laughing stock? I like Can, Cocteau twins and Fishmans

Anything similar to laughing stock? I like Can, Cocteau twins and Fishmans

Attached: ab67616d0000b273e867954a7b1096b99f2b287b.jpg (628x640, 184.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

snowinberlin.com/markhollis.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Love this album but can't get into any other Post Rock album at all. I've tried reccs but nothing is as good as this. Maybe Mt Zion but idk if that counts

hey i just listened to this album for the first time it was bangin
Maybe try godspeed you black emperor? Swans? they reminded me of laughing stock

i'll give them a listen
I listened to lift your skinny fingers and did not like it, maybe swans is the play

Spirit of Eden duh

you got good taste homie

Attached: ab67616d0000b27388d4aa0e201581ddc86fdeec.jpg (640x640, 87.8K)

curious how cocteau twins fits anything else in this thread

In a Silent Way

I listened to like half of soundtracks of the blind and thought it was cool, and if u haven't listened to spirit of eden by laughing stock then u should, my friend likes it more

This is the only thing I've heard like it.

based on what you like
ghost - hypnotic underworld

I like it very much, as well as a taste of spring
just one of my favourite bands
i'll give it a listen
I have, I prefer laughing stock but spirit of eden is very good

KC accidental and tortoise you might like. Rachel’s and the Sonora pine are pretty cool. Some of Scott walkers music might be up your alley. For some reason the post rock recs aren’t coming to me. Nothing sounds like laughing stock though, one of my favorite albums and their best for sure. I also like Cocteau twins

David Sylvian - Spirit of the Beehive

obviously spirit of eden and mark hollis s/t

also
The Weather Station - Ignorance
Perfume Genius - Ugly Season
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
Slowdive - Pygmalion

I remember reading interviews with Mark Hollis where he was describing his influences for the late Talk Talk album and his one solo album (which is just as good), and his work from the period was informed heavily by:

-Early 20th century classical (Ravel, Debussy, Schönberg, and especially Bartók)
-Miles Davis (particularly the late 60s/early 70s fusion period)
-Can
-Morton Feldman
-Burt Bacharach

All of those composers are very good, and if you like late Talk Talk, you will probably end up enjoying many of them at some point in your life.

Was ugly season postrock-ish? I kinda gave up on PG after the last album I don’t see how he’d even go in that direction

yes. its more thierd stream orchestral kinda stuff with kinda cringey vocals. but not at all like his pop shit

would love to read that interview and which specific compositions
thanks for the diverse selection - never heard of any of them
have listened to slowdive, like pygmalion on a full listen but never a song on its own, which I can do with laughing stock

>Given that the majority shareholders in the future of music are those involved in offshore deals with dance music, Hollis’s new offering is a brave and unworldly return to active service. Press material sent out with the record fashionably namechecks Stockhausen and Miles Davis, but I hear neither: Morton Feldman seems a much closer presence. Hollis is not known as a volatile interviewee, but that observation hits the jackpot

>“Yeah, Morton Feldman is a total winner,” he says, sitting on a park bench in West London - the only situation in which he’d allow himself to be photographed. “There’s one particular thing called The Viola In My Life Part 2 - what I really love with that is, for me, that’s the closest thing I’ve ever come across that I feel I identify with; not only for its Minimalism, but the actual level at which he hits the notes. He’s as much interested in the tonality of the instrument as he is with the note itself, and that’s really important to me.”

>Softly spoken, with his broad Tottenham accent sounding as fruitily at odds with the rarefied nature of his music as it ever has, he describes sitting at a piano hitting a single key for four days on end, listening intently to the special cadences of the sound draining from a dying string. He will also enthuse about dissonance and Miles Davis and Ravel and Can and John Cage and Ornette Coleman and fail to mention a single other “pop” artist at any stage of our discussion.

snowinberlin.com/markhollis.html

time for the next phase

Attached: 9280437F-390B-4D3A-8C70-563964D308CF.jpg (640x640, 211.06K)

Peter Gabriel