Imagine how good he could have been if he dropped the pee pee poo poo humor

Imagine how good he could have been if he dropped the pee pee poo poo humor

Attached: frank-zappa-9540382-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 214.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tn5XWDkrnWE
youtube.com/watch?v=eADXXOGQieQ&ab_channel=SteveRuotolo
youtu.be/S7ovl7GQSa8
youtube.com/watch?v=bkBpGLqWfiM&ab_channel=FrankZappa-Topic
youtube.com/watch?v=N7I6zOE7szY
youtu.be/F3lBs1G8FvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oQfcBoEunxw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/tn5XWDkrnWE

what like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=eADXXOGQieQ&ab_channel=SteveRuotolo

good thing I'm esl
I still don't think he was that good

Yeah I prefer the rape humor

youtu.be/S7ovl7GQSa8

have another

youtube.com/watch?v=bkBpGLqWfiM&ab_channel=FrankZappa-Topic

A third of his discography is instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=N7I6zOE7szY

Holy shit. What the fuck, this track is phenomenal.
SOMEBODY LIED

He filtered people who were too self-serious to accept humor in rock music. I don't fault anyone for not being able to "connect" emotionally with his music, but I don't see why that should diminish its value.

Ironically the dorks on this board who hate on pee pee poo poo humour are the ones who enjoy it the most

Attached: Stop posting this shit.jpg (500x645, 88.83K)

Aha yes, this is a great one! You've reminded me of something...
Don't forget that trilogy between this, What's New Baltimore, and one last one that escapes me (Alien Orifice?). The Mogio-What's New in Baltimore sequence was part of an unreleased album called "Chalk Pie" that got "parted out" into Drowning Witch, Man From Utopia, and a few others. Chalk Pie was the last mix Frank did all analog, and it has the definitive versions of all of these songs all one after the other without the filler from the albums it was broken down into. I'm sure there's some story behind why Frank axed Chalk Pie, we know that "Crush All Boxes" (parted out into You Are What You Is and Tinseltown Rebellion) was scrapped because someone bootlegged it before it came out. There's a 70's mega-album that became Sheik Yerbouti, Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar, and Joe's Garage called "Warts and All" that is also probably a superior product that would have raised an era of Frank's music known from circus humor to a stronger impact. If I remember correctly, Warts and All had tracks where Frank had brought out OG Mothers tunes and ran them down with his ultra-technical late 70's group. Specifically, Warts and All had a new version of The Little House I Used to Live In that is one of the best things I've ever heard from Frank, where they're playing it the way he did with the old mothers (free improv with cues for written themes), but the focus this time is the atonal piano intro arranged across the entire band! Again, why Frank decided to cut finished albums to ribbons like this, who knows, but this three album sequence from like 1978-1982 probably would have been something to rival the OG Mothers and the 74 Duke/Underwood band. Anyone who is as deranged about this topic as myself knows that 78-82 is a period where Frank had been doing world ending solos every night for a decade nonstop, and he was LETHAL on guitar, easily his best playing.

tl;dr
>Warts and All
>Crush All Boxes
>Chalk Pie

Actually a brilliant move.
That’s how many people became fans

>rape humor
you are dumb
you are a dumb person you make bad posts because you are dumb

Attached: stoning-rock.gif (449x498, 1.44M)

He has plenty of songs without it, maybe listen to some of those to see for yourself!

There's a lot of phases in his career. That shit made him money, he wasn't dumb and knew humor sold well. Civilization is arguably one of the most dense albums put put by a mainstream artist and it's relatively straight in tone.

Zappa's music is best when Zappa isn't involved

youtu.be/F3lBs1G8FvQ

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar exists user

Yeah he could have been as good as Steely Dan that no one remembers

It's okay we got Steve Vai out of it, worthwhile trade.
youtube.com/watch?v=oQfcBoEunxw

In my opinion Vai was better than him.