Why is someone like Olivia Rodrigo seen as some kind of music genius and trendsetter...

Why is someone like Olivia Rodrigo seen as some kind of music genius and trendsetter, even got nominated for AOTY at the grammy's when her music is generic af but someone like Machine Gun kelly who does the same almost is seen as a joke and doesn't get any of the accolades?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 129.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_3k0mKsuQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=IDVBwbizn9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only the industry thinks that and the drones who consume it

because Olivia stirs something deep and primal in my loins, that's why.

well that's what I mean, the music industry pushes her and makes it seem like she has good music when she doesn't, they should shit on her like they do mgk

zoomers would rather dilate and od on opiates than make music so the little music they do make is greatly overrated

I don't like olivia at all really but the songwriting is way better

she has sucked the right cocks

>she was a disney kid
>has sucked alot of fucking cock as a result
>she knows the right people who push her and make her seem like she is a top tier artist
I'm guessing MGK doesn't have high connections like that or as important as the one Olivia has

-well in their eyes she's a 'organic artist' cause she has no previous material (although there isn't a thing organic about her career) versus MGK who had a whole rap career before he pivoted the jump on a perceived trend
-Any Forums will say it's cause she's a woman and maybe that has some legitimacy but it's not 100% the whole thing
-I think it's funny that the industry wants the pop punk thing to 'happen' but no other really big artists have made the pivot yet, when there are plenty of smaller bands doing a honest take on the genre in the modern era

Why the fuck is blatant shit like this allowed???
They don't even try and fucking hide it anymore these days. I really fucking hate pop music.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_3k0mKsuQ0

because MGK is cringe and Olivia makes my peepee hard

olivia's music is still better

Which songs do you think are better? I'm actually curious cause she sounds like every other female pop singer that gets churned out every 3 years. MGK can at least spit some bars.
youtube.com/watch?v=IDVBwbizn9E

>rips off the popular radiohead song that all the zoomers on tiktok know
lmao, how do I get hired being a ghost writer for these retards? It seems so easy to make a song for them.

im not really a fan of rap music but this just sounds really typical and just like any other rapper that gets churned out every week.

mgks punk rock stuff is also super generic and just like any other punk rock artist trying to revive punk rock.

olivia might just be another female pop artist but I still rather listen to her because i think her music is much better

There's a current social standard of elevating those who would have normally been marginalized in previous eras. So Kelly, a white guy, doesn't fit into that. But someone like Lizzo, fat and ugly and black, is venerated and beloved because she's this big walking amalgam of those previously unsuccessful things. In the case of Olivia, that means her ethnicity and her grossly saggy and misshapen tits are actually a plus in the current paradigm.

music is theft, it's only in the modern age that people act like copyright holders on behalf of other people

neither are very respected lol. its seen is pop faux rock shit. machine gun is a little cringeir tho with the fake punk aesthetic while being a huge acpitalist

im not user but why don't you post some music if you like her so much

people hate on mgk because of the eminem thing and he bagged megan fox.

I genuinely wouldn't know she wasn't white if it hadn't been explicitly stated.