ITT: albums that aged like milk and that everyone was wrong about because of hype, etc

>ITT: albums that aged like milk and that everyone was wrong about because of hype, etc.

Attached: Random_Access_Memories.jpg (316x316, 10.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/m_p_m/1999-10-09-thomas-bangalter-we-dolton-expo-center-chicago?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can’t say it’s dated when it’s better than most albums coming out today

life of pablo

>album that’s intentionally retro and nostalgic sounds dated
Holy shit OP good catch

unironically my fav

OP, as usual, sucks dicks

Instant Crush is probably better than any song released after it tbf

OP is a genius clearly

The god-tier production automatically makes this a fantastic album regardless of how you feel about the music

actually, the disco revival called for on this album was about 5 years ahead of mainstream pop.

I don't think it's a great album, but it's pretty good. I think the disappointment still lingers over it. It was potent enough when it was their first album in seven years, and now it has ended up being their final statement. It's not like people hadn't ever sang in Daft Punk songs before, but it just felt feature-heavy to me. In that sense it did feel like a very late-period album format for a group.

Any Daft Punk fan should really hear this 1999 Thomas Bangalter set from the Dolton Expo Center in Chicago soundcloud.com/m_p_m/1999-10-09-thomas-bangalter-we-dolton-expo-center-chicago?

I think that's pretty over-written, the real underlying truth there is that the 80s revival has been going on for 15 years, and the disco out-growth of that comes and goes. Daft Punk themselves had been playing with disco elements since....well, forever really, since house music is directly descendant of disco (or post-disco).

>good tier production
>literally sped up 80s pop songs with no cuts or edits with cringe vocoder mumbling over top of it
YIKES

Attached: 1549884006739.png (2048x2048, 929.19K)

RAM doesn’t have any samples lol

music does not age

if its not good now, it was never good

Everyone who wasn't an absolutely tasteless Reddit-tier pleb hated this garbage when it was released. It hasn't aged like milk, it's aged like shit, in the sense that it was a piece of shit then and it's a piece of shit now, just an older, muskier, rotting, dessicated piece of shit.

What a fucking retarded faggot post.
>yeah bro i just listen to whatever's on the radio, it's so well-produced!!
Take this fucktard philosophy back to Facebook, and not even whatever le epic tranny Fantanocore circlejerk group you came from. You can literally just talk about this shit with your 8-year-old niece and her school friends. Fucking retard.

I hated this album from day 1
I owned Homework and Discovery on their day of release

a lot of people hated human after all but i think that one is underrated

It was trash on release.

Laughably bad songwriting

Attached: channel-orange1.jpg (1280x1280, 59.56K)