How to kill hardware latency

The whole reason I bought hardware was to bypass the slowness of using powerful soft synths in the box but this thing slowed down my entire PC.

The weird thing is that Ableton is showing hardly any CPU usage, so it must be to do with a setting or the USB cable I'm using. Any answers?

Attached: 5afef23c9bcec4e77991c1f8726d107e.jpg (1140x560, 111.62K)

It's audio interface latency get the latest drivers or use the asio ones

you need ASIO

can you get ASIO for MacBook?

apple computers should have native support for these things

It's a Mac and you plug straight to usb... You won't be needing Asio4All.

I'll try downloading asio4all since the stock driver sucks fucking balls. The midi from the synth is out of sync with my soft synths and the latency is unusable.

It's not for Mac you fucking retard

what interface u using brah

none, just plugging it straight into the laptop. Didn't think it would be an issue. Do I need an interface like I would a guitar? The fucking MIDI lag on this thing is extreme and I can't use it. Sounds like a shitty DJ set.

how you plug a microkorg straight into a laptop??

With an adapter. Will an interface solve this problem?

Switch to Reaper. When I switched from Ableton my latency went from 12ms to 6ms.

keep the suggestions coming. The delay between the synth midi and the vsts is getting annoying.

I've also just started getting clicks/distortion when I add effects to it in Ableton. Kind of getting irritated because the synth sounds so sick and just wanna get to making tracks with it without these annoying ass tech issues.

Would an interface fix this?

might be worthwhile to ask on Any Forums as well since this board is 99.9% teenagers who use spotify who don't have any experience tinkering with instruments / software

interface will help, with clicks try adjusting the buffer size

>Would an interface fix this?
Maybe. An audio interface should perform better than your built in audio card. If it has a lightning connection it should be even better, but in my experience the latency of a USB interface is small enough that I don't notice it.
However, if you have really bad latency I'd be suspicious that something else is wrong.

Subnautica sounds are made in Audacity, hardware latency is no longer an issue for years.

Wait. Your synth is sending audio through USB?

>Reading comprehension
Yup, you're a hardware fag.

>Using hardware synth to play vsts
Wut? Why'd you buy it if you're gonna just use it as a midi controller? Just admit you bought something without doing your fucking research first.