How do I improve my timing?

How do I improve my timing?
Give some advice please.
>posting the coolest drummer

Attached: upside-down-drumming.gif (498x203, 1.4M)

use a fucking metronome and post an actual drummer

For how long should I use metronome?
I can play to the beat, but when I sing i'm always off

always when you're practicing
>I can play to the beat, but when I sing i'm always off
practice until it's 100% muscle memory, not until it's "good enough"

Always practise everyday as much as I can, got it
Thanks

godspeed user

There was some research into how education can improve various musical abilities and it turned out one's sense of rhythm was the most unfixable of all.

That sounds deppressing.
I play electronic drums and can go 220 beat speed, but i need to develop that feel
I will hire a drum coach. Good idea?

Or maybe the people running the study just sucked at teaching rhythm.
More importantly, I don't think it's possible to design a study to reasonable come to that conclusion.

Who knows

GINGER BAKER WAS RIGHT

If you're practicing with a metronome you're already doing most of what a drum coach would be able to teach. Work through stick control and syncopation for the modern drummer.
Both and and inbred troglodytes who've never touched a pair of drumsticks.

>that’s not how to spell gayest, esl

>Both and and inbred troglodytes who've never touched a pair of drumsticks.
You literally just bang on shit. No notes, no scales, no chords, nothing. Just banging on objects like a dumb gorilla.

> I dont know anything about it, Im just yapping
obviously

A teacher will expose you to boring stuff like rudiments which suck at first but they're the building blocks of everything interesting in drumming.
If you get a teacher, they'll be able to point you towards music and styles you probably wouldn't stumble into on your own, doesn't mean you can't do what you like but the more variety of stuff you are exposed to, the more you can fill your bag of tricks and become a more versatile drummer.
Unless you wanna play technical metal i guess, in that case just drill consistency and speed

Well I need all of this so I could sing in time. No metal at all, I want to make some chill vibey music
I have electronic drums with 4 plates. I can play to We Will Rock you
I don't know any simple basic songs

these two badboys have all the good, especially the blue one.
Reading drum notation ain't as crazy as regular sheet music. The rhythmic notation might be daunting at first but it get way easier the more you do it.

Attached: Image 312.png (1192x814, 1.41M)

for singing while playing, like the other user said, you want to get to a point where you're not thinking about the drumming, once the muscle memory has set in. If you're working towards a particular song, you'll just need to practice doing the two things together.
Same with guitarists, if someone's strumming chords and singing, it still took time before they could forget about the strumming and not trip over themselves

I bought stick control book. Not a single word there, just notes. Crazy
It's not for singing while playing. It's just for singing. I mean I enjoy drums, they are fun, but I'm a vocalist mainly
>muscle memory
It's working, I can play some new drum patterns and play better previous ones

Do different exercises on it. Have it play obly on 1 and 2, change up tempo, play scales to a metronome and syncopate the rhythm. It'll also get your intonation better.

Sight read, even when you think a measure is easy and you can do it no problem, take it slow ans take in account for the next measure.