Is there any point to buying CDs in 2022?

Is there any point to buying CDs in 2022?

Attached: 2013CdsPA-16667689111213-2.jpg (900x600, 274.63K)

Same reason I buy dvds. So you always have what you have paid for. Comcast removed a bunch of showed we had on DVR. Then denied it.
Same thing happens with music. Always have a physical backup.

Yep. I like having physical copies of my favorite albums. Especially more obscure stuff in case I can no longer find files.

Cool ok, next question: Is there any point to buying records in 2022?

bigg

you know you can download it for free right? just admit youre a hoarding autist.

It’s almost like you didn’t read what they said. In the case that it CANT be downloaded retard

Didn’t Microsoft just pull all their digital videogame titles people paid for? Have fun sucking corporate Jew cock for the rest of your life and only listening to music made in the last 5 years lmao faggot

Attached: 5DF3E802-B3C7-4A96-BC7C-09EAA37DB31A.jpg (1024x1017, 117.49K)

I was thinking of starting a CD collection, but I can't think of any reason why vinyl would be a better idea in every way, except expense.

>In the case that it CANT be downloaded retard

rutracker.org

vinyl is for looking at it and then going "oh wow, a vinyl", listening to it and then leaving it on the shelf never to listen again

>the digital hoarder thinks they're superior to the physical hoarder
really makes you think...

your bait is shit

>kyivtracker.org

Attached: 1281239123.jpg (556x544, 70.81K)

I'd be doing the same with a CD collection.

why does zoomers think everything is on rutracker and soulseek?
my guess is that thanks to the internet or more specificlly algorithms generated via data mining everyones music taste has become homogenized so they can never discover anything from outside that pool

I have CD, cassette, and vinyl. It's a small collection, but I like it.
I'm just gonna say that if you're worried about what you'll be doing with it, or if you should really buy, then just don't bother.
Only someone with a "collectors spirit" would understand, so why get something you don't actually want?

just enjoy your dopamin shot user

its cheaper than vinyl

Keeping the music you like in CDs makes for great conversation starters for house guests and its got a ''hey i own a copy of this album and not just a digital file'' feel to it. Its like why some people prefer silver and gold to digital currency. They want to be able to hold their money

I listen to CDs in my car

They are cheap, they encourage repeated listenings, and it was an introduction to piracy for some of us, sharing music by burning CDs and making fun of the moralfags who were like "uhh, that's like stealing from the artist bro, that's a whole $17 Pink Floyd won't be able to put in their kids trust funds"

>sharing music by burning CDs
Uh, fuck yes.