Are they right about nu metal not actually being metal?

Are they right about nu metal not actually being metal?

Attached: metal-archives-e1393336367507.jpg (979x292, 55.9K)

No, that site is just a relic from the butthurt era of metal history.

I can't remember the name, but there is a (former) metal band that has been releasing hundreds of zero-effort noise albums just to troll the metal archives jannies.

They are autistic contrarians that don't like the idea of how normies used to flock to nu metal in the 90's, and therefore that somehow doesn't make nu metal a part of metal.

>no guitar solos
>shitty technical talent in general
>shock value that is mostly cringe
>listeners are mostly depressed white teenagers that are bullied at high school

the name of the genre is black metal

>no guitar solos
>shitty technical talent in general
Based, guitar solos are gay and only faggots who have too much time in their hands but a lack of musical taste love that, also.
>shock value that is mostly cringe
>listeners are mostly depressed white teenagers that are bullied at high school
If being real is cringe, so it be. It's better than the shit you listen to anyways.

Yes

Agreed generally though Slipknot should have eventually been accepted. Their mid period albums aren't very nu-metal.

And they are haphazard about metalcore origin bands (Full of Hell/Nails in while Converge/Code Orange/Hatebreed are out).

And Alice in Chains/Rush being in is still goofy.

a great source for finding metal bands, but too purist.
i do like that they still include albums from artists that left the genre though.

yes, now they just need to expand it to stoner metal and sludge metal

>Based, guitar solos are gay and only faggots who have too much time in their hands but a lack of musical taste love that
So you don't like the vast majority of metal, and probably only a couple fringe genres of it.

Yes. Same for metalcore and most djent

Black Sabbath
Jusdas Priest
Iron Maiden
Venom
Motorhead

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't modern metal derived from that crop of bands? If so, then by all logic, if it doesn't sound like it's playing music heavily influenced but at least one of those bands, then it's probably not metal.

but those bands sound faggy and outdated now :(

I still haven't heard any good reason why Avenged Sevenfold should be left out, especially when a band like Rush is in.

kek

Not really no,idk. It follows most of the basic genre tropes that are excepted.

Black Metal is based idfk
Rush is just Prog really,inspired some metal maybe.

as gay as Avenged Sevenfold is, there really isn't any reason beyond elitism and gatekeeping that they're not included

not including Converge is just dumb

nu metal is actually hard rock, sorry!

Deafhaven being part of the archives but not LA Guns is the reason why you can't rely on that boomer adjacent website

are gen xers right about anything?

There is no reason to include Converge. They are a hardcore adjacent band

Maybe the website should just be taken down