I want to release music but part of releasing music is creating an Instagram which will have no followers...

I want to release music but part of releasing music is creating an Instagram which will have no followers, especially because I have no friends. This will be embarrassing for me.

Should I just give up bros?

Attached: 1647436070896.jpg (1280x720, 76.52K)

just make a bandcamp, or a youtube channel

>part of releasing music is creating an Instagram
No it isn't? You would probably have more exposure selling your CDs in your town square than though Instagram anyway

its a necessary evil you retard

i honestly believe it's possible to make it with no internet presence

name 3 examples from the last 3 years, no meme genres

For those who believe, no example is necessary. For those who do not believe, no example is possible

??? You don't need Instagram
There's dozens of social media platforms, you don't need to be on all of them
You can get your music out there with just Youtube, Bandcamp, and Twitter

wrong

Just anonymously send it to a few labels OP that’s my plan

>part of releasing music is creating an Instagram
Is that true? I hope not because I hate photography

it's more posting short videos by this point. just post yourself recording something or playing something. no need to be a social retard when it's this one sided

And if you have no followers, it's not going to be seen. And how many people today, do you think will follow someone who has no followers. They'll think he's a weirdo for being new to social media.

you're gonna start with no followers. algorithms exist for a reason, with enough work and luck you'll pick up a following. I'm not saying you'll go viral, but you'll at least get recommended to people interested in similar stuff to what you're doing. you just sound scared to dip your toes in the water

Go start a new account and prove it.

I'll be the first to admit it, I am scared.

Ah, that's reassuring. I already film myself playing

The whole point of labels is symbiosis where you provide them with content they can’t make by themselves and they spread your work to their followers who you can’t reach by yourself

am i retarded or has no one mentioned an obvious one yet?

start posting here - the barrier to entry's low, and if at least one person likes it, that's one new supporter

that's a whole lot better than zero

make a website and put eerie stickers and flyers everywhere in the streets so people wonder what it is and they go to your website and some will like it and some don't but you have to catch their interest

you'd get cancelled if people found out you posted here initially

yeah but good luck forming a real career from that. you'll hit a roadblock real soon from being known as "that Any Forums musician"

fair, but counterpoint: dojacat was on Any Forums and tinychat and she's doing fine

inb4
> but shes a girl and society blah blah blah

which is also fair. but hey, OP could just use us as a sounding board, and move over to reddit/twitter/youtube once they've gotten their feet wet

seems a bit better than dying in silence on instagram

This is such a funny post
Only in zoomerville

thanks user, been pretty depressed about the whole thing.

I would welcome flack for posting on Any Forums cuz it’s an opportunity to educate people and break down our stereotypes

glad to help, however little. and don't get depressed about getting depressed - it's part of the process

also you could post on recess but they're pretty strict on verifying artist accounts in order to keep the quality up

but if you get some support on Any Forums and reddit/twitter/youtube you could get on when they do open invites again

i've seen some pretty obscure artists get verified on there just bc they put out some good shit and have a tiny core base that's willing to vouch for them