Unironically ahead of it's time

unironically ahead of it's time.

Attached: Unknown-120.jpg (225x225, 4.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_83urK9rO4U?t=63
youtube.com/watch?v=p_jEr3VDpA8
youtube.com/watch?v=D10_uNfCW4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=O-Hi8mv5cc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What time era is the era of things that sound like The Dark Side of the Moon? To this day I don't think a lot of other music truly sounds like this.

I agree, but after a while it gets boring

uhh
im pretty sure the era of generic prog rock has passed my man

>It's

*ahem*
>The creative drumming by Mason reduced the experimentation of Ummagumma to a joke and the cosmic keyboard of Wright was limited to atmospheric accompaniment: the whole monumental symphonic unit of Ummagumma was compressed and downsized to the form of a song with narrowly formal balance

you would think such an overproduced pretentious record wouldn't have this glaring error in percussion at any colour you like

youtu.be/_83urK9rO4U?t=63

but I guess they didn't really have ears for music anyway, that's why when you remove the studio toppings all you get is mediocre soft rock

While Any Colour You Like is instrumental, it has been speculated that the song ties to The Dark Side of the Moon concept by considering the lack of choice one has in human society, while being deluded into thinking one does. It is also speculated that the song is about the fear of making choices. The origin of the title is unclear.

The first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards. and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. It cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are deciding how their life will run, but that is not the case as society forces you to take a certain path. Note its position on the album, too. "Us and Them" is about paranoia, immediately following this is "Any Colour You Like" and then "Brain Damage", finally Eclipse. Any Colour is the nervous breakdown that comes in between the onset of paranoia and the "brain damage."

The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song. "Any Colour You Like" is also known (and is even listed on the Dark Side guitar tablature book) as "Breathe (Second Reprise)" because the song shares the same beat (albeit somewhat funkier and uptempo) as the album's first song "Breathe". It has also nearly the same chord sequence just transposed a whole step lower from E minor to D minor.

The reason why I have fallen in monogamic love with this tune is due to its perfection. The production behind it is unmatchable by any standard. The synthesizers take front row for most of the production, and the guitar/bass/drum combo serve as a base. In my mind, this is what a song should try to achieve if it wants to be perfect.

Attached: Pink-Floyd-desert-2b.jpg (860x590, 144.22K)

I think you just might be deaf

And you'll never be a woman.

Ooo you gonna let him just play you like that nigga

The Beach boys started the sound before DSTOM even came out

youtube.com/watch?v=p_jEr3VDpA8
youtube.com/watch?v=D10_uNfCW4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=O-Hi8mv5cc0

its the best PF album, but watch out! contrarians will preach to you night and day that animals, meddle, or some other lesser album is better

>unironically ahead of it's time.

RACING AROUND TO COME UP BEHIND YOU AGAIN

Wish You Were Here is better and that's a fucking FACT

Can you give me some generic prog rock then? Because I haven't heard much that sounds like this tbdesu

I'd say their about the same, the good parts of WYWH are fucking immaculate, but some parts just drag on forever and aren't that impressive.

the greatest fucking album ever made.

but it's not the best PF album

I saw Roger Waters on Friday. Hopefully Gilmour comes around before it's too late

Attached: 4d1e96131ccafdf28aa5dc7fe4a6d8cf.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 62.89K)

None of these sound like DSOTM.

>pink floyd

Attached: [SallySubs] Aria The Animation - 01 [BD 1080p FLAC] [75FFFA52].mkv_snapshot_00.55_[2018.05.09_21.45.57]13.png (1000x750, 834.7K)

GAOAT.

Yeah no shit,I love prog but it's very much something that came and went.

>unironically ahead of it's time.

Attached: 12305_-_2soyjaks_album_cover_arm_clenched_teeth_clothes_cross_eyed_dark_side_of_the_moon_fart_fat_glasses_hairy_hand_leg_music_nsfw_open_mouth_penis_pink_floyd_pointing_rainbow_shitquality_soyjak_stinky_stubble_tshirt_variant_feraljak.png (1746x1415, 908.9K)

Their best album. Plus the movie was awesome.