REDNECKS

LIGHTEN UP AND AMEND TRANSGENDER LAW

Attached: mark-kozelek-1.jpg (900x750, 102.5K)

i just took a sports bar shit

John Mayer

>creates an 8 minute song about some random person who he had no relation with who died
Tf is this guys problem?

They're too busy taking opioids in their shacks, waiting for one of their buddies to pass out so they can go SOOOO-WEEEE on that ass

Which song? I don't know the background of any of their songs

It was May... I knew a black guy... He died... He had an imposing figure... He was cool... He liked me because I didn't talk back... Butch...

Attached: 677EC1B9-89F1-492D-B375-08A5A65E1FAF.jpg (750x486, 66.43K)

panera bread

Attached: genji.png (272x255, 127.76K)

japanese women good
aerosol can bad

Sugar Gay

Probably Richarz Ramirez. Idk it's quintessential 2010s era SKM - Mark just thinks about shit and writes whatever comes to mind down in a stream-of-consciousness style. He hears that this serial killer he was scared of as a kid died and it makes him reflect on his own childhood and his own aging. Nothing particularly complex, just typical SKM shit.

Some guy shot up a place... Why would you do that?... That's really fiucked up... I'm not religious but, here's a prayer... Stop doing that, man...

Attached: AFE06FFE-2FA7-41E3-8562-8017A6BC8D79.jpg (744x1059, 155.51K)

Damn, bro, that's precisely what I'm doing right now. A fleeting, ephemeral crescendo of pleasure followed by immense shame.
Wya?

Common as Light was his last good release

>this is my vague rock song
>everybody sing along
>come on now, everybody dance

Attached: 1589C354-3FDB-4BE2-8826-E065A36F6152.png (750x1334, 3.36M)

>Turkish Radiohead fans attacked at a listening party at an Istanbul
>what the fuck
>I can't say I ever liked Radiohead too much myself
>But that doesn't mean I'd walk into a room with a crowbar and try to beat their fans to death

Attached: MARK.png (465x520, 332.26K)

Attached: average sun kil moon fan.jpg (612x408, 59.89K)

Listening to it, I don't get it. I don't like it

>Then I came to the studio to work on something pretty
>And I saw the news on James Gandolfini
>While I was eating Ramen and drinking green tea
>The Sopranos guy died at 51
>That's the same age as the guy who's coming to play drums
>I don't like this "getting older" stuff
>Having to pee fifty times a day is bad enough
>Got a nagging prostate and I got a bad back
>When I fuck too much, I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack
what the fuck

I don't think it's a good song, but what's not to get?

>I went to go work on music today
>Took a break and on the TV I saw that the actor from the sopranos died
>He was only 51 years old
>Holy shit the drummer I hired for the gig is 51, imagine if he died?
>Man I'm not even that far off, I hate being old
>Proceeds to complain about what getting old feels like

It's just Mark talking about how it's crazy how people around his own age are dying or could die, and he's lamenting his own aging. That whole section is contrasted to Richard Ramirez living so much longer. There's absolutely nothing profound about this and this is such a mid track but it's completely literal. Zero metaphores, just SKM rambling.

mark's writings were always long winded, as far as medicine bottle. everything since benji is just him leaning more into it, you either like it or you don't
i think it's hit or miss but i think benji is full of hits

That's fair. I guess the sonic palette of RHP is just more pleasing to me so I can look past the rambling storytelling. Sometimes I even like it (i.e. Carissa) so I won't write him off completely. I just think Richard Ramirez Died of Natural Causes is not one of his finest pieces.

By "get" I meant I didn't get the appeal

>I guess the sonic palette of RHP is just more pleasing to me so I can look past the rambling storytelling
mark's writings were rambly back then, but were much more poetic and less forward than SKM. that, and the frequently shoegazey instrumentals (mark's bands and productions were always tight, they don't get enough credit) make you see past it.
>I just think Richard Ramirez Died of Natural Causes is not one of his finest pieces.
i like it, mark's bitching about aging is what makes benji special imo. the lyrics regarding richard ramirez are more about him being a time capsule to mark's younger life than anything else.
>Richard Ramirez died today of natural causes
>These things mark time and make us pause
sort of like how mark named the album after benji. also putting micheline right after richard ramirez was one of the smartest things mark's ever done.