Completely mogs sgt peppers

>completely mogs sgt peppers
how did they do it?

Attached: 67B-944744455.jpg (1024x1024, 100.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nnXjxtfKFDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

preservation society is their sgt pepper, you twat

yes, but this came out in the same year.

and? lots of albums that came out early 68 were just leftover and recorded in 67. that shit doesnt matter unless you want to be an uber purist

either one still mogs sgt. peppers

The Kinks are just the Beatles for contrarians

nah, that's the beach boys. kinks can actually go toe to toe with the lads from liverpool

By NOT being The Beatles!
>DUH!

Genesis was the logical conclusion to British pop music.

Attached: genesis 71-74.jpg (1352x428, 154.13K)

you're right but you posted the wrong era

Attached: 81lDXnlSyML._SL1426_.jpg (1426x1416, 378.4K)

Funny because their first album was like a darker gothic take of the baroque pop that was in vogue at the time. Obviously they had greater ambitions but I wonder where they would've gone had they stuck with that brooding art pop style.

Trespass is so fucking good. Just gave it another listen last night and It's easily just as good as the rest of the Gabriel stuff, especially Stagnation and The Knife. People freak out about Slint being young when recording Spiderland, but Gabriel, Rutherford, Banks were all only 19-20 when they recorded Trespass and Anthony Phillips was only 18. Far more impressive, in my opinion. Truly a forgotten classic. Even Genesis fans seem reluctant to bring it up for some reason.

tHe kInKs nEvEr gOt PsYcHeDeLiC
youtu.be/nnXjxtfKFDM

australia towards the end of the song at least was pretty psych too

ayo this be bussin hard fr fr no cap

Who the fuck says that? All Day And All Of The Night and You Really Got Me were practically the blueprint for early psych bands.

>mogs Sgt peppers
Is that really such an achievement? it's barely on the top 10 of '67 and by the end of the decade, there were countless better psychedelic albums, concept albums, etc.
I always find it so odd that so many people here never explore the 60s past the Beatles/Beach Boys

Attached: Popular albums better than Pepper and Pet Sounds.jpg (1660x736, 394.32K)

Why do I like the Kinks better than the Beatles? I think they just have more satisfying hooks. Yet my favorite bands all loved the Beatles more I think

>Yet my favorite bands all loved the Beatles more I think
why do you care about that?? Just listen to what you like, user

Well, for starters playing actual quality music and not some boyband crap

Attached: 1657300993231.jpg (500x500, 29.07K)

Attached: The Kinks Discography.png (1129x652, 162.1K)