RIP local music scenes

Local music scenes are a thing of the past. Now, anyone who attends local shows is doing so for the gram (especially punk and metal), are a struggling musician trying to press the opener to book a show with them, or are the partners of the bands involved in the show. Unfortunately, the only current way to gain traction with a musical project is incessant engagement on social media (especially Instagram, which all but extorts you to pay for exposure), or blowing up on fucking TikTok in a brief ten or so seconds. It’s really sad. Gone are the days of the 80’s or before, when live shows were actual events people young and old could look forward to, and wholeheartedly enjoy.

tldr scenes are dead, the good days are long gone, fuck local labels, local musicians: you will never blow up, because the deck is stacked against you to a degree you cannot fathom.

>t. lives in a city with a scene that is touted as being one of the last vital DIY scenes in America

Attached: 8511B149-E2E5-4B49-B754-25575B6560A9.jpg (650x650, 48.21K)

>gone are the days of the 80's
Yeah no shit retard its 2022
>t. lives in a city with a scene that is touted as being one of the last vital DIY scenes in America
every city says this about it's DIY scene

You have to be 18 to post here.

hi retard, say anything you feel like you have to, but nothing about my post gives off underage vibes. if anything, I’m coming off as a bit of a boomer. I wish I was a zoomer, at least then I could ride the bedroom pop wave.

the closest bar by me books multiple bands a day, seen some great local bands and also some dogshit but it's always a fun time

outlier. plus, your taste is probably pretty bad, so I don’t really trust you.
>great local bands
doubt

im too old to go to local band shows.

if i would go it would be to meet qt scene girls.

on the other hand these grills are all into body mod now and look unhealthy

what are you, like, 25? everyone on this site has chronic “I’m so old” syndrome but they’re usually younger than me, and I’m relatively established in my city’s dying scene
>t. 30

the mandatory retarded politics killed DIY

idk san diego has local bands all the time and they seem to have a few fans there.

Be the change you want to see

It's a dark period but it will get better.

they come and go and most of the time I drink and chat with strangers so I don't remember their names. my taste is great but the crowd is typically 30 years older than me so take that into account

are you 1 years old or something??

nope, 23

not mentally though

aren't we all

I'm not even 30 and some 19 year old girl at a party was calling me old and said I looked like her uncle. Zoomers are unable to interact with older people because they actually took the "okay boomer" meme to heart.

what a gay thread

and you’re gay for participating, welcome

i'm 31 and 19 year old zoomer girls are on my dick until they find out im a "weirdo" and hate everything they are into.. those zoomer guys love to fuck older guys dont u see all their tiktoks about cheating on their boyfriends with their dads