The perfect example of "greater than the sum of its parts"

Attached: New Order.png (930x615, 455.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soCpwoA6mh0
youtube.com/watch?v=VeRDQgPOxww
nme.com/news/music/johnny-marr-says-impact-of-gillian-gilbert-joining-new-order-was-overlooked-2826660
nme.com/news/music/new-orders-gillian-gilbert-synth-queen-kelly-lee-owens-2775389
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

honestly i enjoy them more than joy division, as good as they are

Tell me anons, Technique or Substance?

closer

You can't compare a greatest hits collection that includes singles (usually NO's strongest songs) to a regular album, Substance is literally perfect while Technique has some great songs and some okay ones.

Attached: 1633914378997.jpg (306x282, 20.61K)

It's funny how they became a much better live band when Hook left, and Hook's new band are legitimately awful and under rehearsed live. Makes you wonder how great they would have been if Hook left in 1981 like he threatened

This is actually very true.
Substance

fair, i don't know why i like stuff like Run (Technique) so much, so i inflate that record in my head

have you heard hooky's track with gorillaz though? brings a tear to my eye

Peter Hook and the Light are, without hyperbole, the worst band I've ever seen live and I'm including local indie guys in that
>Hook was trying to sing like Ian but was out of tune most of the time
>They had a bass player that was playing the parts Hook normally played but he was much quieter
>Hook's bass was far too loud for how sloppily he was playing
>The entire band missed ques all the time and sped up and slowed down very noticeably
>The guitar player didn't seem to know most of the parts so just played chords
>Female singer was singing in the wrong register for most of the songs
>For the songs they used a backing track in, ie, for synths etc they were out of tune and time
>Hook would randomly stop playing his bass at times to do some weird movement with his hand, which left and awful lack of space in the sound
The motherfucker had the balls to charge £35 a ticket as well.

I know this is bait and ironically i freaking love Music Complete, but you can't watch this and tell me with a straight face that Hook's bass wasn't the perfect complement to Bernard's voice and guitar work

youtube.com/watch?v=soCpwoA6mh0

Just listen to that fucking bass man, it's like the building is going to crumble from all the SOUL

>Bait
Okey now listen to literally anything else from 1981-2014

love to see this

hooky can be a knob but give credit where credit's due

also have you heard this?

Attached: 1641249593056.png (276x478, 140.08K)

Is that actually real?

is what real? can't tell if i'm missing a joke but if i'm not, here. it's awesome - classic NO sound

youtube.com/watch?v=VeRDQgPOxww

40 seconds in and i'm already cumming

cum for me baby

hookys here

New Order came to Argentina in 2017 to perform in Luna Park, i waited 2 hours at the exit and i was the only one that managed to grab the attention of a member, best of all it was Gillian, probably because i was holding a The Other Two & You album, she signed it, i remember crying on the way back home from the sheer emotion, she’s my inspiration as a woman & musician and one of the reasons i love music so much, she was so kind with me too, i’m glad she’s finally getting the recognition she deserves.
nme.com/news/music/johnny-marr-says-impact-of-gillian-gilbert-joining-new-order-was-overlooked-2826660
nme.com/news/music/new-orders-gillian-gilbert-synth-queen-kelly-lee-owens-2775389

Attached: 29D3C93A-7D67-4B8A-8931-131635CE89B4.jpg (336x500, 29.02K)

sumner has sovl, he carried joy division and then new order but ofc he got old like everyone else, not even marr could make it

huh i always listen to movement and brotherhood

you can tell an actual woman wrote this cause it reads like a blog and it involves crying