What are some cool ass jazz albums?

What are some cool ass jazz albums?

Attached: 1631959009562.jpg (600x600, 108.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0Dlohvo38U
youtube.com/watch?v=3XvJFW0DHbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i cant tell if people posting this album are baiting or legit that clueless

Explain

Shigeo Sekito Special Sound Series Vol. 2

youtube.com/watch?v=p0Dlohvo38U

the album is a meme which no one who actually listens to jazz respects. only tourists who listen to random rock and pop shit get recced it on youtube and think its a jazz staple or a rare gem

What if I don't care what other people think?

OP, what did you like about this album? I thought the drum solos were cool but the piano playing was kinda mid and the bassist was horrendous. He got much better on later albums after Barry Harris taught him how to play. You're better off listening to Toshiko Akiyoshi if you want japanese jazz

I didn't think the piano was mid. I only listened to Scenery and Mellow Dream, but I think they're both great albums.

you asked him to explain, and he literally just did what you asked him to. saying "well i dont care" makes you come off like a petulant teen. Ryo is considered amateur by both jazz musicians and aficionados. It doesn’t mean his music is bad and you can’t feel anything from it, he’s just not a great representation of the genre. if you liked this album, check out some ahmad jamal or bill evans

Ok cool, but you didn't really answer my question at all. Did you like the solos? The harmonies? I'm trying to figure out what to recommend to you

This album is unironic redditcore

Who're your favorite jazz pianists? Do you also like Chick Corea or Keith Jarrett?

Attached: ptah.jpg (1125x1013, 190.21K)

Her trilogy is her best stuff, pic related

Attached: 497b13128751b5e14cc5dd7dd5f1199f.jpg (750x750, 91.35K)

Idle Moments by Grant Green

Blue and Sentimental by Ike Quebec

Eastern Sounds by Yusef Lateef

Karma by Pharoah Sanders

Coltrane 1962 by John Coltrane Quartet

At Shelly's Manne-Hole by Bill Evans Trio

The Blues and the Abstract Truth by Oliver Nelson

Pithecanthropus Erectus by Charles Mingus

Any live album by Charles Lloyd

If you like modal jazz, this one

youtube.com/watch?v=3XvJFW0DHbU

Japanese men can't make Jazz
Japanese men can't make Rock
Japanese men can't make Pop
They are not particular good at anything when it comes to art, yet i see people always trying to praise some of the stuff they make like it is the magnum opus of a genre (not saying that you did that).
What Japanese people are good at it is making shitty poorly written cartoons and comics for children and teenagers, that's their prime, they can't make good art and i'm tired of weebs trying to say otherwise.

Western weeaboos raised by anime and video games always think the Japanese do it the best, even when that's rarely the case.

kike

Unironically the melodic piano

People only like this album for "le foreign aesthetique" and you can't prove it wrong

Attached: 413xcbQpFhL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg (600x600, 29.85K)

city pop is okay
they try to do their own stuff and that's cool

OP did you mean cool jazz or just cool albums? Because pic rel is one of the best jazz albums ever, imo.

Attached: Ole.jpg (600x600, 79.36K)