Getting Down On Friday As Long As The Day Goes On Edition

Getting Down On Friday As Long As The Day Goes On Edition

Let's try to keep these at the ten minute mark or shorter, but otherwise post whatever the hell you want.

I'll let the first non-OP dude link the first track.

Attached: It's_song_review_time_(classic_version).png (1001x959, 201.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a2pv53Samyo
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ELZYn1k_A
youtube.com/watch?v=viX1scCV30M
youtube.com/watch?v=aazFGKz_b1o
youtube.com/watch?v=yonijurHnjs
youtube.com/watch?v=kryuiydSOCI
youtube.com/watch?v=i7K4v1HBYKA
youtu.be/siWvwh3MKBI
youtube.com/watch?v=Toq8mGRKEPs
youtube.com/watch?v=kO_EdmtR5Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM
youtube.com/watch?v=_NzLs-xSss0
youtube.com/watch?v=xzRdYh9AmMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mUYUJoCkX8A
youtube.com/watch?v=jrDikOz8YSU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=32DdLaAWtB8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/a2pv53Samyo

Although it's kind of lightweight in terms of the pop rock songs of that era, it's still a really solid track. The Monkees spent decades without getting the respect that they deserved. Clearly. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=e-ELZYn1k_A

Video unavailable

youtube.com/watch?v=viX1scCV30M

appropriate name for the song. Nothing revolutionary here, but intrigued to check out more. 6.5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=aazFGKz_b1o

I've heard better chanson releases, but this is fine enough. Would be ideal for like a really relaxing drive at a slow speed, maybe. Thanks for sharing. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=yonijurHnjs

I miss when songs had this kind of instrumentation. What's that clackity clackity clack sound, anyway? The verses are great, the energy is well-cultivated, but I don't feel like the chorus is adequate pay-off. It's just a bit too boring and repetitive. Hardy's vocals are flawless as always. 7.5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=kryuiydSOCI

youtube.com/watch?v=i7K4v1HBYKA

Didn't really like this one, the production isn't that terrible but has some short unsupportable segments, vocals are ok, and I guess it can be a fun song for some people, but It also feels a bit generic and cheesy. Didn't want to be harsh, but, well, this a 4/10 for me and I don't want to be dishonest either.

youtu.be/siWvwh3MKBI

While this is like the dictionary definition of 'derivative indie pop' and comes across as strongly pedestrian, it's low-key vibe and general sense of mellowness means that the song doesn't wear out its welcome with me. Helps that it's not extremely long or anything. Not bad. Benefitted by having vocals smoother than your average indie track. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=Toq8mGRKEPs

youtube.com/watch?v=kO_EdmtR5Ck

Electronic music that would work well in some general exploration scene in a cyberpunk film, maybe. It's likely too long and could use some editing, I guess, but it's decent. I've heard a lot worse. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=TnLAC5AJPuM

youtube.com/watch?v=_NzLs-xSss0

Dead thread?

Attached: Pingu_by_mountains_outdoors_with_other_penugins.jpg (636x636, 177.64K)

Look at the poster count vs replies. It's just one dude playing with himself with the occasional facial flying in from off screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=xzRdYh9AmMQ

It starts off ok and gives a good 90's 'jump around' early hip-hop vibe. I liked it until I could hear what they were saying and when they were singing about stealing diamonds I lost interest. Then they say 'eff you' and it gets even worse. At the end they just keep saying the F word over and over. That's not music. Why would someone be proud of that? The one fellow looks pretty old. It's shameful to think he might consider himself respectable just swearing over and over but I sure don't.
I pick this song: youtube.com/watch?v=mUYUJoCkX8A

Attached: jj.jpg (256x256, 7.23K)

An attempt at setting up a gothic atmosphere that completely falls flat. Felt rather uninterested in not too long. Meh. 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=jrDikOz8YSU

Proto-Byrds guitar line
One of the best songs from one of their weakest albums 8.5/10

m.youtube.com/watch?v=32DdLaAWtB8

Bump