The absolute state of r/shinedown

>be best buttrock band
>release new album in 2022
>has song called 'america burning' very directly about the george floyd riots
>half of the album is about cancel culture and the inability to converse freely with leftards
the album features lyrics such as
>you might be woke but not awake
>another day in the life of the clueless and dramatic, yeah they keep changing the rules
and the result one week after release is
>half of the shinedown redditard fans are in denial, saying the album represents both sides
>the other half is in full breakdown mode
I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads about Planet Zero on r/mu

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.32.48 PM.png (1337x1072, 230.32K)

this one is pretty good, not gonna post anymore just go look for yourself

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.31.09 PM.png (1543x1287, 359.75K)

Why are people getting mad about the lyrical content of an album by some washed up post-grunge album lmao

Why would you expect anything good to happen on reddit

>you might be woke but not awake

That cringe physically hurt.

>As a human, I don't really care about their personal views. That is their business. As a fan though, when they start pushing their politics in their music, it's hard to enjoy their art. Obviously, they make music for themselves, and not anyone else. So power to them. But they will probably alienate a large portion of their fans with this album.
kek

it's gut-wrenching. america is in a state where reproductive rights have been taken away, queer and trans people are being relentlessly targeted by right-wing news outlets (which has led to physical violence and death), police murders and mistreatment of POC are broadcasted more widely than ever, we bungled a pandemic so hard that over a million americans died all because one side of the aisle decided to play it up as a conspiracy to "own the libs", a hostile takeover of our government was attempted and led by the sitting president at the time (as well as his minions), and in the midst of all that and more, shinedown releases a 20 track album that essentially boils down to complaining about twitter and "both sides"ing everything. it's embarrassing for them and deeply disappointing for me.

EDIT: adding this before anyone hits me with "oh so millions of artists can write left wing songs but one band can't make a right-wing album?": Shinedown has every right to write songs from any perspective they want. I, however, also have the right to think that their perspective is ignorant, immature, and ultimately dangerous.

wtf I love shinedown now?

this must be soijaked

holy echo chamber, batman. get a grip.

He has a kpop avatar as well

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN’T JUST USE YOUR MUSIC TO CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO THAT’S CONSERVATIVE

HEAVEN LET YOUR LIGHT SHINEDOWN

This reads mike copypasta.
No real person talks like this

nooooo that's not it

>No real person talks like this
I agree that communists aren't people but many of them do write like that without a hint of irony.

This is definitely an original post. You can tell by the "EDIT:".

>red scare in 2022

Go back plebbitnigger

>there's a fucking shinedown subreddit

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

It's just copy and pasting what is