How many of you have actually listened to David Bowie by David Bowie?

How many of you have actually listened to David Bowie by David Bowie?
Im trying to find out if people here have actually listened to it.
If you've actually listened to the debut album of world renowned musician David Bowie please post a reply in this thread so I can see if people here have listened to this album.
Thank you.

Attached: 81WEejJvxPL._SX522_.jpg (522x511, 36.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNr7srl7lbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I listened to it once. I didn’t dislike it but I never felt compelled to hear it again.

Not even rubber band or join the gang or please Mr. gravedigger?

I bet you all still follow batman

I was a bowie fanatic and listened to all of his albums, and there are a lot, he was very prolific. Yeah its shit, le laughing gnome kek

It took him like 10 years to break into the music bidness and come up with space oddity

There's a better compilation with some good songs from here and others from the period. I don't like this album itself. But it's kind of clearest example of his storywriting. He still did that later, but he made a practice of cutting up lyrics randomly in later albums.

Attached: album_large_163352_5dffe64915764.jpg (500x500, 67.68K)

>t. Hasn't been loved till Tuesday

None of his hits are on this album, I don't think I've ever listened to this

>It took him like 10 years to break into the music bidness and come up with space oddity
It's fitting though. It took the whole failure of the 60s (not just his) to come up with it and things like Cygnet. Space Oddity is about shooting for greatness (the stars) and failing. The hippies had to die for Bowie to live and spawn his own breed of fanatics.

this and this

I listened to it, never liked Bowie and i think the parts that i liked from their albums like the Berlin trilogy are made by other artists. I remember trying to pretend to be a fan of Bowie in high school because a girl that i liked was into it.

I have and it was pretty boring

I liked it but I also like Piper at the Gates of Dawn

It's more subtle than piper, I'll give you thstu

Love it.
Love Rubber Band, Love You Til Tuesday, and She's Got Medals.
The whole album is GOAT.

This album is GOAT, but I prefer his earlier stuff when he was still David Jones, and sang for The Lower Third and The Kingbees.

earlier stuff=Alligator
this=mama-papa
youtube.com/watch?v=hNr7srl7lbg

I have listened to twice. I like "sell me a coat". I thought the gravedigger track was interesting. I thought some of the arrangements were interesting. Overall it was a little too "le quirky british" for me.

>It took him like 10 years to break into the music bidness and come up with space oddity
10 years? wasn't he like 21 when he recorded that album?

not 10 years, but he was just out of highschool when he cut the king bees stuff.

it's crazy to me that people record stuff when they're like, 16. good stuff, too, sometimes. not like children's music but actual music. I think one of the guys from Enslaved was like 15 when they recorded their first record. It's not an amazing record but it's fucking better than anything I've ever done.

True. The only songs I was writing at that age were stupid shit about the local narc and other nonsense. I was crushed when a girl I liked called my music "cute".

He didn’t catch on for a while because he was considered boring. That’s why he had to invent ziggy