Alice in Chains

they get better with time bros
could listen to the whole discography in and out forever and it still hits just as hard every time

Attached: dirt.jpg (1000x1000, 141.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=piWs3ud9CF0
youtube.com/watch?v=Qzdy_jaS4nw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-fgvIG5ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like that jerry is keeping the legacy alive and giving people a chance to still see these songs performed live

RI

Yes

Attached: 5b9g71-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 71.36K)

threyre good from first listen. layne stayley was just different in a good way. sad looking at the videos of AIC as years go on and layne looses his teeth

layne's voice sounds like an electric guitar to me, it was so unique and captivating.
i was slightly off put when i heard they had a new singer but after watching live videos of them i am very happy that alice in chains still exists in its current form, i think duvall does his role with respect for layne.

youtube.com/watch?v=piWs3ud9CF0

dallas did this one well
youtube.com/watch?v=Qzdy_jaS4nw

yeah im thinking alexisonfire is still one of my favorite bands to listen too. dallas green is so good on his solo albums. i understand how people onions, but idc his voice is too good.

Yeah. Greg Puciato is a better Layne substitute than William Duvall imo.

Has Greg ever sung with AIC live?

i found a few videos from march this year, didn't know this happened. love to see it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-fgvIG5ao

how does he not choose success over drugs? do drugs cloud your mind that bad? did he not know he made good music? it connnfuses me how a band so good can have so mannny drug related deaths

Attached: teeth missing.jpg (500x373, 25.36K)

Underaged

unironically 28 and been through opiates, benzos and stims and will never understand how people choose those over happiness.

This conversation took place less than three months before Staley died from an overdose of heroin and cocaine ("Layne Staley Died From Mix Of Heroin, Cocaine, Report Says"), and revealed a broken 34-year-old who had given up the will to live.

"I know I'm dying," he rasped through missing teeth. "I'm not doing well. Don't try to talk about this to my sister Liz. She will know it sooner or later."

Staley, suffering from fever and nausea, told Rubio that his need for heroin was all-consuming, even though the effects of the drug were no longer enjoyable. He added that smack had completely ravaged his system and left him empty and filled with regrets.

"This fuckng drug use is like the insulin a diabetic needs to survive," he said. "I'm not using drugs to get high like many people think. I know I made a big mistake when I started using this shit. It's a very difficult thing to explain. My liver is not functioning and I'm throwing up all the time and shitting my pants. The pain is more than you can handle. It's the worst pain in the world. Dope sick hurts the entire body."

The most chilling passage of the interview reads like a suicide note.

"I know I'm near death," he said. "I did crack and heroin for years. I never wanted to end my life this way. I know I have no chance. It's too late. I never wanted [the public's] thumbs' up about this fucking drug use. Don't try to contact any AIC (Alice in Chains) members. They are not my friends."

i think it's a combination of a guilt loop which warps the perception of self worth, making it harder to take the first step toward healthier life choices.

Probably didn't have much choice. Some people can use recreationally without any real problems, but it seems to be a minority. Others struggle for years to kick their habits. Some stay clean, others relapse. And some people are pretty much doomed from the first time they use. Depends on your personailty I guess.

jesus christ that is depressing. wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

not bad

man in the box really hit me for the first time like only a month or 2 ago. I've always thought it was a good song but then you realize how outstanding that performance is, like wow just truly moving stuff. All of Facelift goes crazy tho

Jesus Christ, bros... AiC were my favorite band as a kid/teen, and still one of my favorites to this day. Layne's voice was fucking unbelievably powerful, he sounded like he could topple a mountain with that voice.

What makes this more painful to read, is that I'm from the tristate area of Ky/Wv/Oh, the hardest hit area of the opiate epidemic, and I watched a lot of friends decay and waste their talents. The greatest drummer I've ever met got hooked on fucking oxys and ended up pawning all of his drum equipment/guitars for smack. He's 39 now and lives with his mother and just takes suboxone and plays vidya all day..

Attached: goddamn.jpg (600x596, 165.26K)

THIS is the reason I told myself to never do heroin at like 14 years old

best vocals. god. idc

Attached: alice-in-chains-best-performances-aeae08d9-ebc4-4cdc-99e3-3f616d9db384.jpg (2000x1343, 3.98M)

That's a shame to hear about your friend man
It seems like creative people tend to be more attracted or more vulnerable to drug use