Misunderstood songs

>frequently gets framed as a patriotic song, was used for Reagan's campaign
>is actually about how Vietnam veterans were awfully treated

Attached: bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa-6.jpg (450x469, 56.82K)

Summer of 69 is his only good song.

the 80s had an unholy number of Springsteen impersonators but his impact was ultimately pretty short-lived and didn't last much past the Reagan years

maybe he shouldn't have written a bombastic hook where he screams I WAS BOOOORN IN THE USA repeatedly if he didn't want to be misinterpreted

>gets played at parties as an unironic drinking song
>is actually about how alcohol is bad and self destructive and he knows it and the only reason why he drank is because of peer pressure

Attached: KendrickLamarSwimmingPools.jpg (316x316, 16.77K)

The Killers and Gaslight Anthem are very Springsteen inspired.

He kind of inspired the whole grunge aesthetic.

Ehhh, I feel like that is a little bit of a stretch.

He did that so he could sell.

this is a good one

Was in the U.S. Navy. We used to do this thing before pulling into port after being out on saltwater. It was called freshwater washdown. It was to wash the corrosive salt off the ship using fresh water (fire-fighting water). To help with moral or whatever, they would always play certain songs. The playlist included Taylor Swift songs, Born in the USA, Rage Against the Machine songs, CCR, etc...

We would literally sail around the ocean with Chinese ships tailing us, blasting these songs over the loudspeakers, before we pulled into port. I sometimes think about that.

People playing "Every Breath You Take" at their weddings.

people playing November Rain at weddings

Who Let the Dogs Out is about a bunch of dudes getting horny at a party and killing the mood for the ladies

>people think its about committing suicide due to bad relationship with father
>actually about getting bad chinese food and committing suicide because of that

Attached: Screen-Shot-2020-11-16-at-4.28.55-PM-copy.jpg (980x653, 44K)

BORED IN THE U S AND A I WAS BORED IN THE U S AND A HEY HEY

Attached: 1631906121797.jpg (600x439, 23.49K)

can't start a fire without a spark, ya know.

Attached: damnsaunders.png (1042x626, 586.83K)

Fuckin Cobes. After all these years, still casually observing until he takes things too far and ends up living in the mythical Clock Tower of the Sky (Fuck your Sky God)

Wop-A-Din-Din is actually about Mark fucking his cat.

Attached: burps.jpg (1385x1913, 808.98K)

he's gonna last forever. mark my words. the man is a human cockroach.

Attached: bogjuice.png (761x577, 494.71K)

an artist should never be expected to dumb down their work for an audience, its all about how the artist wants to get their message across. plus the chorus would be much less catchy if it was replaced with something else

>I had a brother at Khe Sahn
>Fighting off the Viet Cong
>They're still there, he's all gone
So you're saying that he should've dumbed it down even more for you?

I feel that. Nausea is the worst experience and what Hell is like as far as I'm concerned.