The problem with MJ is that, like most Pop artists, he was a brand, He couldn't really create or innovate...

The problem with MJ is that, like most Pop artists, he was a brand, He couldn't really create or innovate, he couldn't step out the boundaries and after his scandals music came in second place.
He was a great singer and could dance (which is irrelevant to the quality of his music bt) but he wasn't a composer, the reason we love tracks like Billie Jean and Thriller and the stuff from Off White so much is because of Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton, these guys were the brains behind the classics, when they are out of the equation all we have is generic garbage like Dangerous and HIStory. Musicians like Beach Boys were much more talented and brilliant than Michael Jackson, they created and innovated, unlike him who was not even a musician, just a performer with a cool fake voice, also his albuns are overrated

Attached: mj(823).jpg (1320x743, 75.21K)

No, listen to 'Bad' all the way through, its pop genius and he wrote and produced himself so suck eggs OP

he was a great performer who changed the game forever, his screams and dance moves were unique and paired with a great voice made him the best, he just had that something

Bad album's first line, 'Your butt is mine'

His discography is overrated
>Off White
Some few good tracks but generally meh
>Thriller
Some great tracks, some fillers and that awful song with Faul
>Bad
The title says it all. Although title track and Smooth Criminal are undeniable classics.
>Dangerous
Well, there is like 3 tracks on this album and they're not even that good
>HIStory
Here he fell off hard, just one track and that one isn't a classic at all, the rest are shit.
>Invicible
The most expensive album of all time and for what? Just pure shit all the way through, not a single recognizable track
So overall i would say he had just 2 good albuns and the rest is mediocre at best.

Context you 12 yr olds. Context.

The important thing is that he slept with many, many underage boys.

Attached: 1527216546992.png (593x596, 884.43K)

None of these are underage

im convinced this is bait since you posted the music videoe for the greatest song in his catalogue that was written entirely by himself.

>pop genius
It doesn't sound like this, therefore it's not pop genius

Attached: R-1931064-1590686801-5501.jpg (598x599, 115.89K)

unironically this

Quincy Jones literally hated Billie Jean and didnt want to put it on the album, it was Mike that pushed for it since he wrote and composed the song himself. I like the Beach Boys and I can admitt that some aspects of Mj's career and legacy are severely overatted, his songwritter output wasn't He was an amazing songwriter, and knowing that he wasn't proficient at really any instrument adds a bit of mistique to his already prolific career, at least in my opinion.

>he slept
he earned

got any proof?

Sure, like all true MJ fans I keep a large collection of videos of Michael ramming boys but I'm not giving them away for free

Every Beach Boys song sounds the same. Total one-trick ponies. Gimmick band.

>also his albuns are overrated
now this is just nonsense

>He couldn't really create or innovate, he couldn't step out the boundaries
First time I something this outrageous and out of touch with reality about MJ, please check you mental health because there's something wrong with your brain

>Musicians like Beach Boys were much more talented and brilliant than Michael Jackson

The Beach Boys were barely musicians. They didn't even play on their own albums, a group of session musicians known as 'The Wrecking Crew' did. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I fart on your lack of musical expertise.

Attached: 71R3dBjeopL._SX355_.jpg (355x355, 32.42K)

This might be a great point if MJ had died in a horrible Pepsi accident after Thriller, but since Bad exists, since Dangerous exists, this is not true. Big pop artists work with big pop producers, duh. Michael had been a chosen blackie of american pop listeners since the 1960s. If you wanna tell me that Michael was malleable on like....Off the Wall? Maybe. Maybe that is true. But Michael had been playing and producing music since before he was 10, he wasn't a static object. He contributed a lot to his records and his success with multiple producers, even Teddy Riley, is the mark of an artist, not a producer. Pop music is a machine but it's not just a machine, there's people inside of it pulling the levers.

He had a massive team behind him who used tons shit of money to "innovate", he wasn't anything special. Imagine an actual talented, innovative musician having a similar budget to make an album. The results might be a truly revolutionising work of art, which is far from what Michael Jackson did. He was a mere entertainer that became famous due to his creations meant to be enjoyed by the lowest common man who had no idea about actual art.
Carl Wilson was a nice guitarist. Brian's songwriting reached some new heights and their music was truly innovative. They were musicians in the truest sense of the word.

lol fucking retarded zoomer

Art does not exist on higher and lower planes, it simply is.
>Michael Jackson wasn't anything especial
OK, tell that to 100 million people and see how you fare. Imagine thinking you know shit about art and missing what's right in front of you.