Just listened to this album for the first time after avoiding it for 20 years because of its infamous reputation...

Just listened to this album for the first time after avoiding it for 20 years because of its infamous reputation. It's not even that bad, why were people sperging the fuck out over it again? Just another instance of metal fans being elitist retards who call any and all change "selling out"?

Attached: St. Anger.jpg (300x300, 94.26K)

Attached: 1562386297192.jpg (320x240, 11.34K)

>MUH TRASHCAN DRUMS
Yea, how dare anyone try something new

What's a stanger?

it's definit;e t not as bad as it's made out to be. you have to realize: jameas waida very driunk wehan hesiti otkow makee the suhit so iyou shoukfl c hodl adfoa

They should've gone full nu metal instead of half. Imagine James rapping over a sick dj scratch breakdown with Lars signature st anger snare sound. KINO

I bet it sounds good if your ears are busted as badly as the members of Metallica have busted their ears

Frantic's good
Rest kinda blows

This time the guys dropped the retro-blues approach of the previous three studio albums in favor of a variant of grunge with loads of percussive, distorted rhythm guitar bashing, and almost nothing else: no solos, no notable riffs or fills (actually, the main riff of "My World" is notable for its mindlessness), no vocal melodies, no arranging details aside from some predictable dynamics shifts (title track). But where bands like Disturbed at least keep their simplistic tunes short and to the point, Metallica continues to spin out songs for seven or eight minutes, the way they used to do when they actually composed. At least the boring guitars leave plenty of room for Ulrich to bang the drums like crazy, and you can tell he had fun doing it ("Invisible Kid"). The shining exception is "All Within My Hands," which is overlong but does have a solid hook and a weird vocal harmony bridge. (2/5)

people are retarded and you should never assimilate popular opinion as fact because the only reason any popular opinion became such is because so many people did just that- succumb to hearsay
take it as a suggestion at most

st. anger is an 8/10 and metallica's second best album

It is that bad. The songs are too long and go nowhere, riffs are repeated when they aren't even good, and the lyrics are something an edgy 14 year old would write. The production isn't actually bad in my opinion, I like the guitar tone and the snare is probably the best thing about it.
And it was an obvious sell out attempt; after their successful transition into hard rock, this was their attempt at the alternative metal sound in the early 2000s, but you can still "sell out" and make good music, which St. Anger isn't.

MY LIFESTYLE *scratch*
DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE *scratch scratch scratch* YEAH

Now I have it in my head. Damn.

Based

Attached: 291236011_10166691918675473_7077687317279179729_n.jpg (1000x1000, 234.46K)

I had this album when it came out. just recalled how long the songs seem to be unnecessarily

Fuck im so making a remix.

>It's not even that bad
It is.

It is bad for any beginner band.
It is bad for a Thrash band that gave us freakin Master Of Puppets.
It is bad for stadium rock band that gave us one of the best sounding heavy rock records which goes by the band's name.
It is even bad for a band that is falling apart (which they were at the time).

It is a cry for help. Publicy crying for help is bad, modern thing and does not make a good album.

>selling out

They sold out with the Black Album, that's not the problem. St. Anger was disappointing (sort of in the way the Phantom Menace was) because it was a long-awaited chance for redemption for Metallica after their buttrock 90s period

It just wasn't great, it was meh. Frantic was decent but that's really it. Death Magnetic was closer to a return to form but by that point they were too old/fat/rich to pull off proper thrash

OOOOooooOOOOoooOO WHAT A GOOooD BOoooY YOU ARE

>no notable riffs or fills (actually, the main riff of "My World" is notable for its mindlessness), no vocal melodies, no arranging details aside from some predictable dynamics shifts (title track)
Holy fucking deaf

The movie mogs it too hard. It’s definitely their best work after the black album

>le trashcan snare
>le repeated riffs
>le no solos

just admit you were filitered by this kino album

Only good post.

The album is trash, the documentary is hilarious.

Attached: skom.jpg (500x754, 99.15K)