I made a 2d compass for rating music

I made a 2d compass for rating music
What does Any Forums think?

Attached: music compass.png (1152x1323, 91.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wCHkBWrc3pI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Deep-Complex = Classical
>Deep-Simple = Rock/metal
>Complex-Shallow = Jazz
>Simple-Shallow = Pop

*puts Skynyrd’s debut in the top right corner and walks away smiling*

cringe

3/4 ain't bad, but you clearly don't understand jazz. Go listen to Mingus' Mingus Ah Um, Let My Children Hear Music, and Blues & Roots and tell me that's "shallow."

normie take

Jazz is shallow by it's nature.
It's built around improv, and usually musicians come up with the compositions on the spot

this is pretty accurate

Who else here absolute music chad? Couldn't give less of a shit about the vertical parameter (deep-shallow), just gimme something that sounds good and unique.
If I want deep I'll just read some poetry while listening.

Attached: muz.png (827x132, 22.82K)

pretty good, I would use this now if I could be fucked

masterpiece and classic should be replaced with something else

made this w deftones discog what do anons think

Attached: deftonescompass.png (1152x1323, 376.86K)

>"Shallow" as an inherent negative.
>"Pretentious" is antithetical to "masterpiece"

Attached: 516.png (802x750, 476.74K)

Shallowness is usually negative. Pretense and masterpiece status should not be antithetical though.

There's only 3 ways to classify music: good, average and bad

Holy shit you two are retarded

>it’s
Opinion retarded and discarded

man, if you think their improvisations are "shallow", idk what to tell you. do you know how much SOUL is behind every single solo you hear out of a good jazz musician? the camaraderie between the band members, the silent communication and lazer focus found in the rhythm section, the pinpoint accuracy of each sax riff, the POWER behind a Lincoln Center-tier trumpet section, all of it comes from a heartfelt dedication and appreciation for the music and culture. jazz is many things- messy, somewhat pretentious, off-putting... there are plenty of valid reasons to not like the music. but to call it shallow? maybe you just haven't seen live jazz, but to see every musician up on that stage, loving and owning the music completely, working together and supporting bandmates' solos, you can't walk away from that and call it shallow.

watch/listen to this and tell me it's a shallow artform: youtu.be/wCHkBWrc3pI

improvisation is shallow? kys

Close but no cigar, but points for trying

So music has to be deep in order to be considered classic according to you?