How do you feel about the gradual resurgence of tapes?

How do you feel about the gradual resurgence of tapes?

Attached: tapes.jpg (696x442, 72.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/avida-dollars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty good. They're fun.

I sold my CD's ages ago due to space and I prefer having physical media so I'm happy that they're coming back. They're cheaper than vinyl and easier to store than CD's. I'm hoping more albums get re-issued on cassette in the near future and that better players are manufactured.

I like to hold them in my hands

Attached: 36380EE8-AE7B-4C28-A488-218A4ED5681C.jpg (600x600, 34.08K)

They should've never been discontinued in the first place. Portable CD players were a fucking terrible idea and MP3 players turned out to be a complete waste of time in the end. Phone streaming can fuck off.

>Cool aesthetic
>Not as expensive as vinyl
>Not as bland as cds
>Easy to store

I like it

they're not very practical but they're cute

more plastic junk for consoomers to buy

Zoomer here

I think this type of physical media deserves the resurgence in popularity. CD's are too wide and difficult to carry places, not to mention the bulkiness of one of those players. Cassette tapes on the other hand are very portable and you can fit them in your pocket; making these one of the best portable music formats on the market. Sure, the quality on most tapes is nerfed, but I still think it's one of the best options for physical music on the go.

Attached: 03C24E8C-786C-48A2-AB6D-6886B91BACB4.jpg (1400x1400, 119.6K)

Really disappointed by modern duplication houses. No care at all. That's assuming they even use one. I bought one tape recently that sounded like it was a high-speed dub on a cheap, worn-out dual-well deck.

I posted some tape rips in the last sharethread. Compare the Jonwayne tape to the Japanese tapes from the late 90s. That's not even the golden era of cassette.

Are you pissing your pants in anticipation of the next 3 seasons of stranger things?

Are you preparing to suck your uncle's cock for the fifth time this week?

>Are you pissing your pants in anticipation of the next 3 seasons of stranger things?

I haven't watched a single season. Fuck that show.

its based

Attached: 20220705_152403.jpg (4624x3468, 3.24M)

You can also just use your phone

Disgusting.

Attached: 1519773646124.jpg (225x225, 21.93K)

They're cool and they're based for doing old school DIY demos and shit

Fuck digital

basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/avida-dollars
> a Any Forumstant cassette tape

Feels breddy gud, although they've oscillated in and out of style over the years.

CDs in sleeves without cases are the easiest user. Just sayin; I love cassettes too

You can stream .wav on your phone. But lossless is just as good and has way more metadata. I used to be like you. Now I must convince you. You fucking WANT your entire collection on your phone, trust me

Nah goofy, and I grew up on cassettes and records. Try to skip tracks, repeat tracks, watch how much battery power you waste. Not good enough anymore

i record all my music on a 424 cuz i dig the sound but i dont listen to cassettes, im glad theyre popular again tho sometimes i give kinda fat indie girl mixtape and she has sex with me

>sleeves without cases
>You can stream .wav on your phone.
Good lord, you people make me sick.