Can music even be authentic and unironic nowadays...

Can music even be authentic and unironic nowadays? Shit is either cynically blase ironic nonsense or cynically conceived products made to sell and to feign authenticity
>No more folk singers singing their hearts out, only larping trust fund kids
>No more metal bands, only bedroom musicians doing 6 minutes of br br djent and drum machines
>Hyperpop and indie demarcos with their bland brand of oh "Im just random who cares lol nothing matters but I look cool right?"
>No more punk bands just watered down watered down pop punk (punk becoming green day and paramore becoming olivia rodrigo)
>Not even more jazz, just soul and 80s fusion with hip hop like drums and nintendo sounds with ironic lyrics (knower, thundercat, domi and beck)
what the hell

Attached: 100_Gecs_@_930_Club,_10-29-2021.jpg (1091x873, 216.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1b955JAUHhwl
youtu.be/EzDKKKy9SzM
youtu.be/A2KVN8CIl6c
youtu.be/7yKqLzdaxrg
youtu.be/bCT77_X9wcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_rPxO3EzjJA
youtube.com/watch?v=4QKBnvkbeFY
youtube.com/watch?v=141y8ikOsyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

every one of your greentexts are rebutted by simple examples of bands outside the culture industry machine. the medium will always look soulless when you measure it by the culture industry, which is about as compelling as thinking the radio encompasses the totality of music that exists

You said it is easy to rebute but didnt do it yourself
What happened? Are these margins too small to contain your theorem?
Either do the rebutal yourself or find a better exvuse

Music died sometime in the late 00s

>no more metal bands
>no more punk bands
OP admits they have never been to a local show in their life

Also tigran hamasyan is an example of jazz different from what you described, even though every example you gave is already great. Also thundercat's lyrics are not ironic. They're boring and about nothing besides his inability to get bitches but not ironic.

I suck at singing and no one wants to play with me
voca.ro/1b955JAUHhwl

Tigran is great, and all the jazz musicians I mentioned are technically excelent but my point still stands that from the 40s to the 2010s A class jazz musicians wouldnt devote their carreers to memes and novelty songs. And even if they are great musicians, their music sound bland most of the time, domi and beck for example only did variations of nintendo like keyboards and breakbeats
Also if Thundercats lyrics are uironic shit thats even worse.
Local punk and metal bands are often local for a reason: being extremely average and derivative
There was some good things from punk in math and technical circles, but after that the only thing worthy half a mention is trap punk

>waahhh there's no more punk it's all pussy green day shit
>waahhh local punk bands that don't sound like green day are local because they're derivative of the older sound that i complained doesn't exist anymore
choose a complaint man

>jazz musicians wouldn't devote their careers to memes and novelty songs
I don't know any jazz musician that devotes their career to memes. That's what meme page admins do. Thundercat and DomiJDBeck post memes on social media but that is not devoting one's career to memes. We would not hear music from them if their careers were about memes. Besides you can't talk shit about "ironic lyrics" when jazz standards like salt peanuts exist

Also "bland" is the most subjective term out there. You think chiptune sounds and breakbeats are bland but I didn't hear them in a jazz context before DomiBeck which makes them sound really interesting to me. What sounds bland to me is the cliche piano/drums/upright bass jazz trio performing the same standards that a million other jazz trios have played the exact same way for decades.

why should other people make up for your laziness, listen to more music retard

That's a very 2012-sounding explanation unadapted to the last decade in developments

Wtf is a trust fund and why are people who wish they were even poorer than they already are so obsessed with hating on them?

>you cannt say that bands being a soulless commercial pop product AND bands just imitating the superficial aspects of past music with 0 inovation and thought are BOTH TRUE and BOTH BAD, choose a complain man
If you wanna know what Im talking about, listen to Knowers first album, absolutely soulful, and listen to their latter stuff
The musicianship is still there no doubt, but they got lost into this edgy cool persona with stupid and crass lyrics
Domibeck is interesting for the first half hour. Never heard a song by them that I thought
> that was nice I have to listen to that again
Its always like
>oh impressive sounds good... hmm.. ok... what now? More of that?... ok...
And Thundercat lyrics suck ass as you agree, but theres irony there, maybe hes so contaminated with irony he cant even be sincere anymore and his "sincere" lyrics end up being the way they are

alex g is pretty much a folk singer in terms of sentiment, also came from a normal background

>No more folk singers
False
youtu.be/EzDKKKy9SzM
youtu.be/A2KVN8CIl6c
>No more metal bands
False.
youtu.be/7yKqLzdaxrg
youtu.be/bCT77_X9wcQ
>blah blah blah I'm not being spoonfed
Lurk moar

domi and beck are like the only jazz act i know that does meme shit and thundercats lyrics were based on those of zappa, who is definitely not a post 2010 artist

lol. nothing has changed in the past decade to preclude metal, punk and jazz labels from doing what they're doing. metal labels are having a renaissance now that release pipelines/distros have settled into bandcamp

Ur just not paying attention
100 gecs it’s good because it’s so catchy, witty and fun
Nobody cares about muh irony
Also, listen to bladee

Zappa is the only A class musician I can think of that wasted his carreer in novelty songs
Also Thunder music has a lot of Zappa, his lyrics almost nothing

i've never listened to thundercat and i have no idea who domi and beck are. you have put in 0 effort and don't actually care about new jazz. these were all released this year
youtube.com/watch?v=_rPxO3EzjJA
youtube.com/watch?v=4QKBnvkbeFY
youtube.com/watch?v=141y8ikOsyE
blue note, ecm, act, nonesuch, criss cross, all these labels are still releasing jazz

>irony vs sincerity
Back to/lit/

Jazz thread. Please post good vibraphone shit

Attached: 635726564289570272-ThinkstockPhotos-486813379-1-.jpg (3804x2149, 504.16K)

>Mfw it's a reply