When did you grow out of it?

Metallica wrote that type of shit in their 20s.

I'm in my early 20s and the aggression and energy still speak to me, but nowadays I can detect a level of cringe, cheesiness and laziness I haven't noticed before on Metal.

Is metal really low-tier music for the young and dumb? I mean, it makes sense. it's about bodily agitation and aggression.

I'm still addicted to it, but I can't help but going more and more snobby about anything uncivilized

Attached: 52343434.jpg (972x934, 169.5K)

>it's about bodily agitation and aggression.
Human beings are animals, physicality is an inherent part of existing in the real world. Modern civilization is essentially built around creating a ridiculous extended childhood paradise by burning through billion year old natural resources that can't ever be replaced as well as exploiting the third world. Basically for like 100 or so years people got to have AC, internet, a car, takeout food, and other random comforts, and then most people die afterwards. There's nothing mature about the modern world

24 here. Still more or less in my early 20s but it's weird. It was literally like I hit my 24th birthday and started listening more to classical, soul, disco etc... and branching out.

I used to listen to NIN/Godflesh/Gojira on the daily but I hardly touch their music now.

friendly reminder that metallica was never meant to be serious

Attached: 1650007463002.jpg (576x574, 65K)

>I'm still addicted to it, but I can't help but going more and more snobby about anything uncivilized
You're maturing. Kind of like how all metalheads eventually expand and explore the roots of the genre more and get into stuff like blues and early psychedelic rock.
I'd say embrace it and see where it takes you. But sometimes there just is a time and a place for pure thrash and aggression. It sounds an feels good in the right context.

I didn't and if you did yourself, you're not really part of the scene then. Go jerk off to your Gaydiohead records while masturbating with your mothers used dildo you faggot

Yeah but it sounds like you didn't grow up in general, so that rules your case out.

yes, 99% of metal of childish

Your test dropped.
Probably by 50%. Expect 10% loss every from now on.

Most metal is entertainment first, art second, if at all. That kinda goes for all music genres though. The dumbest most low-brow metal is still probably better than 80% of mainstream shit being pandered over nowadays anyway. Metal obviously focuses on "dark" emotions, but anger and aggression isn't all of them. You're just expanding your palette. Keep an open mind and you'll find metal that's more mature.

lol OP is malding

post hairline

I realize I was being a tad facetious, but I get a little more than irritated when people twice my junior talk about "growing out of metal" no one says that crap about other genres like "rap" "alternative" "prog" "jazz" "disco" or "indie" just "metal". Its pretentious af and people honestly should stop doing thinking somehow they're superior to us " lifers". Touch some grass or something

The reason why so many people "grow out of" metal is because they only listened to it for superficial reasons in the first place: something to mirror their teenage hormonal angst. Once they leave puberty, they have nothing in common with metal anymore. Not to mention that 99% of ppl I ask about this always had the most basic bish taste in the genre anyway.

Something I forgot to add: I don't listen to nearly as much punk rock ro hip hop as I used to, but I still like a few groups from those genres. You still never catch me saying "I grew out of rap" because it sounds so holier than thou, self-righteous and.....well, you said it, pretentious.

oh I get it but for me it was a different story, I started pirating shit right out of high school and found some hidden gems everywhere. I never really liked nu metal and always thought it smacked of wiggerdom.

there's other reasons I stopped listening to rap, and that was right after middle school. I didn't come from the hood, couldn't identify with blacks even at a superficial level. so it got left behind. plus a lot of my bullies dug the shit and I didn't want to enjoy shit people who treated me like garbage liked.

It is music for teenagers. If you're past the age of 20 you shouldn't really be listening to that shit, it's corny and overall retarded.

More for me I guess. Ill never understand certain people and their snobbery.

I'm the same way with nu metal. With hip hop, most of the stuff I listened to as a teen was hood shit (3 6 Mafia, Wu Tang, etc) but now it's shit like dalek or ATCQ. Just like with metal or any other genre, there is more mature stuff that isn't just about anger or violence.

kpop is music for teenagers at best. I don't know many teens listening to Kvist or Edge of Sanity

>kpop is music for teenagers at best.
There are different kinds of teenagers, of course a teenager that listens to Metallica and Megadeth deserves more respect than someone that listens to K-Pop, but he is still a teenager.

The problem with metal is that 99% of its influences are other metal bands, so there's a lot of copycats and redundancy. This is especially a problem with metalcore, djent and numetal, which I avoid like the plague with some exceptions like Botch. But there are some greats out there. Some metal is inspired by classical music, some by post-punk, some by prog rock or folk, etc. While I still like their early stuff, Metallica is definitely a "what you see is what you get" kinda band. Just look for stuff that has more color or flavor to it and you'll see that metal is a lot more diverse and a lot less cringey than you might expect.

I agree, but there's still hundreds of great metal bands that teens won't give a shit about because they don't validate their first-level rebellion.

>Metallica wrote that type of shit in their 20s
yeah
it sounds it, too

>why does metal written by kids sound like it's only meant for kids???

Gee, what a mystery, user

Attached: Dm4LijNX0AA59Cg.jpg (750x742, 69.35K)