Pavement - Terror Twilight

>first 5 songs are really good
>next 5 are really forgettable and boring
>last song is also good.

Grouping all the bad songs together like that almost makes it seem like they knew those were bad songs... makes me wonder why Scott Kannberg didn't get to put any of his own songs on the record. Probably would have been a top-tier album if it were just a little more collaborative

Attached: 81VqPDMr2dL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 381.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VND_RIFcGVY
youtube.com/watch?v=_7mp9elK49I
youtube.com/watch?v=6XYYvlS924E
youtube.com/watch?v=gy5jZQfn_qk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5t7aTUBKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but either way the sort of space-y, atmospheric slacker rock is a really interesting sound that makes it a unique album to me

what a terrible take. back half is just as good

Attached: 1629048199889.gif (360x270, 1.06M)

I try to like it and keep failing. especially platform blues. really baffles me that the producer suggested to open the album with it

The Hexx is fucking great.

I remember being excited to have my first apartment and was playing music while unpacking and I was jamming out to Platform Blues. Absolutely excited about life but then I heard banging on my door and it was my old lady neighbor just screaming “TOO LOUD, JUST TOO LOUDDD”. It was all downhill from there

youtube.com/watch?v=VND_RIFcGVY
youtube.com/watch?v=_7mp9elK49I

Platform Blues and The Hexx are the best songs you fag
This guy gets it
Based Fall autist

bump

This album was just rereleased with a new track ordering. You talking old or new?

you're reaching with this one

I used to love Pavement’s early albums when I was younger, now I prefer the later ones. Why does that happen?

bump

I'm referring to the original ordering, starting with "Spit on a Stranger"

I can hear the similarities in the guitar riff.

Yeah. Fall influence was present after s&e not only on melodies but Malkmus singing.

bump

what's wrong with nigel godrich production?

If you like Pavement, check out the recent British rock band Mush from the new wave of bands over their, they add way more of an American slacker rock vibe to the faux-post-punk thing
youtube.com/watch?v=6XYYvlS924E
youtube.com/watch?v=gy5jZQfn_qk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oq5t7aTUBKs

*over there

I don't have any complaints with the production. I just thought his suggested track ordering was bad personally.

I feel like his production gave the album a really interesting sound. I'm not really sure how much of a hand he had in it besides making it sound less sloppy and more clean though, but the subtle electronics and space rock atmosphere were great additions too and fit well within the clean sounding recordings/takes

only the last song's link worked for me but it's kind of interesting. sort of reminds me of blur a little bit because of the weird voice he's doing. i feel like the voice would wear on me but it's actually kind of entertaining or at least a novel kind of voicing

I mean I'm pretty sure the electronics were done by the band since the demos of the songs on the Farewell Horizontal anniversary edition that just came out had tons of synth stuff, so I figure Nigel just helped sort of layer it beneath the rock instrumentation for added texture.
It's cool how it turned out on songs like Major Leagues (subtle electronic drums hidden beneath real drums in the chorus) and You Are a Light (synth melodies)

also, if this is your band, it is ok you can just tell me

also also I don't know of the "new wave" to which you are referring, but I would like to know more