Why is every 2000s rock revival band a FPBP

Libertines, strokes, monkeys, vines, bloc party, interpol, arcade fire, white stripes, etc.

>in b4 "this" album was actually better

Attached: 1_aLi_CI0oxqUY4J6gGt2VNA.jpg (500x615, 105.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

'first post best post'?

>The Libertines
They were a mess, and that was part of their appeal. I think what happened to them is sort of like what happened to Television - they put all their best songs on the first album, so their second album was really weak, because they only had two good songs left over really. I actually think their reunion album is their best, but I'm in the minority on that.

>The Strokes
IMO The Strokes have always been consistent. I think the unique charm of their first album is that it sounds lo-fi because it was done like they were a bar band. The only difference with the later albums is that they're more sleekly produced, which eliminates that charm.

>Arctic Monkeys
I disagree with this premise. I think their first album excited people a lot because they were this extremely promising young band, but I'd say their best stuff is actually their middle period, Favourite Worst Nightmare to Suck It and See, when Alex Turner's songwriting got a lot stronger.

>The Vines
The Vines were split between visceral guitar rock and soft psychedelic pop songs. Critics liked the harder songs, but never got the soft psychedelic ones, which is a shame. The first Vines album is their most novel and energentic, but I really like the soft stuff they leaned into on their second and third albums, though. They started to be really mediocre on their fourth album.

>Bloc Party
I think Bloc Party just really wanted to experiment. Their first album is post-punky and very Gang of Four-influenced, but after that they wanted to do more with electronics and dance music. They just weren't as good at it.

>Interpol
This one's kind of a mystery. Their first album was great, but it seems like they started going through the motions after that.

>Arcade Fire
this isn't a garage rock/post-punk revival band. Neon Bible and The Suburbs are up there with the debut.

>The White Stripes
This claim is bizarre, their first album is a mediocre garage punk album, it's tied w/ Icky Thump for being their weakest.

arctic monkeys was one of the few bands to stay relevant in the 2010s and were big with tumbler sluts in the mid 2010s with AM

Attached: 71-Y-3usHkL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 131.82K)

OP is saying that the main thing these bands have in comming is that their debut albums are either their best album or their only good album.

I mean this video has a billion views, pretty good for a rock band in 20 two two

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM

>likes all of their albums in some way
>el pintor > all

Attached: 367.jpg (832x1000, 65.6K)

I walked out on the vines at 930 club. What a horrible fucking band. Jet and The Living End opened for them. Both were great. TLE stole the show. 930 was half empty by the third song of the Vines.

Total shitters

>Libertines
heard they were drug addicts. never listened to the music, or if i have it's very forgettable

>strokes
eh some decent shit but i don't know why they were (are?) the critics' darling

>monkeys
ain't this a '60s band

>vines
never listened. seemed like a garage band where the garage was a multi-million dollar studio

>bloc party
some ok songs

>interpol
some good stuff. roland is a banger

>arcade fire
pretension ruins them. first album had some ok moments

>white stripes
overrated and shitty

I like them all
I group all these bands the same cuz they gey
Also I thot white stripes debut was white blood cells bc no one listens to rhat other shit my bad

Attached: 1656883853734.jpg (820x1024, 101.28K)

oh the arctic monkeys, got it. they're the worst band on the list. that dancefloor single they had when they first debuted is fucking horrid, worst song of that decade

What do you like?

in general? ummm shoegaze, various types of jazz, a lot of metal, plenty of horrible shit you can make fun of me for. these 2000s garage rock revival-type bands just never did it for me

You're not missing out on much, I've been starting to think the majority of 2000s revival bands are basically boy bands wearing guitars and making pop music. Which I guess is what most rock music is. Lol

>The Libertines
I know that all the metrics of 'objective criticism,' insofar as that exists, point o their debut as their best. That being said, the album I enjoy the most of theirs has always been their second one; I think the sloppiness and the playfulness of it make for a more enjoyable listen.

>The Strokes
Consistent band, but yeah, their debut is the strongest, followed by The New Abnormal.

>Arctic Monkeys
First two records are tied imho. They sound more instrumentally fleshed out on Favourite Worst Nightmare.

>The Vines
I've never gotten the hype for them, but their sophomore album is their best.

>Bloc Party
No arguments there. Kele forgot how to write good music 2/3 of the way through A Weekend in the City.

>Interpol
Antics is underrated, but I'm not arguing this one either.

>Arcade Fire
More or less what said on this one.

>The White Stripes
They peaked with De Stijl through Elephant.

>the best band since Nirvana
The NME and their associates were to blame for hyping landfill indie as the greatest movement ever

i've always liked the vines more than the other bands mentioned here. it was clear that craig had a good ear for a melody.

>umm actually arctic monkeys, arcade fire, and the white stripes...
cant you read?
>in b4 "this" album was actually better

Don't be rude to me. I can read, but there is no avoiding that. You claimed the debut albums are the best. There's literally no way of avoiding pointing out that others are better, if I wanted to respond meaningfully.

The best Libertines material were their demos which they gave away for free online

This. Glad it's fucking dead.