Should I continue practicing? or should I take a break? I would ask /gg/, but nah

should I continue practicing? or should I take a break? I would ask /gg/, but nah.

Attached: IMG_0988.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXM7fhI12sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

watch your hands and cut your nails, you freak

stop you fucking idiot

jesus christ bro take a break or you’re going to stunt your paying for weeks
build up callouses before playing for hours at a time

keep practicing, pussy

Attached: iommi.jpg (602x402, 46.72K)

what the fuck happened to my photo? My hand is positioned at a very stupid angle. Well fuck it, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to make out.

my nails aren't even that long, my fingers are just lanky and goofy looking

ok tom.

thanks.

Pinky needs to heal. The others are okay.

Sorry, index finger needs to heal

>guitar
>2022
what a waste of effort. you'll never make it, dude.

thank you for the sound advice.

I don't want to "make it". I can't imagine doing anything other than playing guitar.

>practicing music should only be with the intention of "making it"
ask me how I know you're a zoomer

theory teachers also make some dough, probably not the case everywhere but heard the usa treats them well

Learn how to be economical with your movements (fret pressure in your case but also pay attention to picking hand and fretting hand movement). I never got hurt that bad and I used to practice a LOT

I'm practicing this on a starcaster btw:
youtube.com/watch?v=YXM7fhI12sg
but yeah I get you. I practice fingertapping and trills a whole ton too. With low gain. Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.

This pretty much. Took me awhile to realize being economic with my fretting hand would pay dividends.

exercise some impulse control

yeah I noodle around a lot.

relax, you don't need to fret that hard

you do when fingertapping on my piece of shit fender.

lower your action

action? lol my shitty 20 watt orange has two options. Crunchy gain or a clean tone that sounds like a fucking 50's hofner bass. My life sucks. I'll never be a good guitarist. I'll just be made fun of and my parents would just be disappointed in me. I suck at guitar so bad, but I love it so much. I practice everyday in my bedroom, for hours and hours, for these past few weeks I'd leave my room in 10:00 pm. It's to the point where I'd be playing for hours on end not even taking a break for food and water, yet I still fucking suck. I hate my bad memory and my piss poor genetics. I hate being a failure.

jesus
bongman, is this you?

based fingerdestroyer

no, I'm not the fucking british /meal/ kid. Just an average neet failure. You'd find a dozen people like me on Any Forums or something so don't act so smug and surprised man.

maybe it's not your style? you can wank yourself towards expert proficiency eventually, but maybe your skills are elsewhere? I was trying to become a decent rhythm player since I love many riff-based bands but I've just realized I excel doing leads more so I focus on that. once that's done you can move on the more difficult styles for you personally, it keeps the sense of achievement while not downplaying your strengths.

not smug, just wasn't expecting this thread to unexpectedly pivot into your self worth issues
practice doesn't make anyone perfect if they have no clue wtf they're practicing
if you want to actually improve read manuals, watch online tutorials and lessons, maybe get actual lessons, do something other than aimlessly noodling around and crying over yourself, that won't get you anywhere