Actually talented or just an '80s Katy Perry?

Actually talented or just an '80s Katy Perry?

Attached: 03ee658b60a12fcbe939bec94042a263.jpg (599x484, 86.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipQ0fE0MRWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TPBVhxF7MNc
youtu.be/mK4hweZRU0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based recognizer that Whitney's technique is just making a bunch of loud noises with no need to hit any particular note

Katy Perry can't sing like this
youtube.com/watch?v=ipQ0fE0MRWQ

Sure she can, she just wouldn't get away with it because she's a white girl

Many people can sing
But Whitney didn't write a single song

But consider the quality of the songs that Katy does write
Surely she would be better off letting someone who knows how to write do it for her

So? 95% of popstars don't write their own songs

I doubt KP writes her own songs
Still, Whitney can't be taken seriously. Artists should write their own songs or they are just performers like Britney Spears. Whitney is even worse than Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, etc. because at least they contribute to the writing.

>Artists should write their own songs or they are just performers like Britney Spears
But that's what Whitney is, just like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, etc.
They were marketed as great voices, that's why they had their Vegas residencies and whatnot, to perform.
At least compared to other products like Britney Spears or Katy Perry or Rihanna they actually had some talent in that regard and weren't just hypersexualized pretty packages to sell shit for labels.

She's cool

name your files so i can know who tf this bitch is

Keep zoomin'

Katy Perry isn't fit to shine Whitney Houston's shoes.

>I doubt KP writes her own songs
She does. Most of these pop stacies cowrite their songs. Check the credits for their legal names. Katy is Katheryn Hudson, Lady Gaga is Stefani Germanotta, and Pope Francis is Jorge Bergoglio

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's better. She was just a pretty face who could sing.

>Whitney's technique is just making a bunch of loud noises
>Sure she can, she just wouldn't get away with it because she's a white girl
Nah, voice texture is everything. Whitney got away with her melisma 1. because she basically pioneered the technique, very novel at the time 2. her voice was extremely pleasing to listen to.

Well I hate it. I prefer Dolly singing I Will Always Love You and would like to hear her sing the rest of Whitney's hits

Pioneering something doesn't make it good, and no she doesn't have the voice for it. Too much force when the technique calls for delicacy and control. She's easily mogged by Mariah Carey and Ashanti and Ariana Grande.

>Too much force when the technique calls for delicacy and control
That's plain bullshit. Melismatic singing was popularized by gospel singers (Whitney was one). It's meant to be bombastic.

>She's easily mogged by Mariah Carey
youtube.com/watch?v=TPBVhxF7MNc

boring
no charisma

mariah can't even sing mariah live

kek let the mugging begin youtu.be/mK4hweZRU0k

Maybe not perfectly now. How is Whitney performing these days?

each and every thing in American culture is based on worshipping gay nigger trannies

Attached: 214142141221.png (421x461, 403.13K)

Youre gay