They will save rock music

Attached: black squid new midi.png (1313x443, 1M)

remove bcnr and i'd believe you

zoomercore is so embarassing. if this is what "saving rock " then let shit this shit die,

post favourite albums from the 2020s

fr, just listened to the "airplane" album and it was so fucking boring

try their first album

funny how contrarian this board is. you would think everyone here would love that people are actually getting succesful making this kind of mathy noise rockish indie stuff

Because it's not genuine but astroturfed
Unlike someone like Porcupine Tree who took almost 20 years to become successful

why the obsession with whether someone's success is "genuine"?
you can't have success without some degree of networking or nepotism. what matters is if the music is good anyway, not how they got big

Yeah for real
The minute some new underground band starts to get discussed here often the other portion of the board starts shitting on them out of spite

I think it calls into question how good something really is. That said, I really question what connections these bands had. It seems like they took about the most "genuine" route - they were good and got scouted. And Black Midi is a really good band.

It's also funny whose success was "genuine" grassroots and whose wasn't. If you think about it, Justin Bieber had just about the most "genuine" start possible - he sang songs on YouTube, and little girls crushed on him. Bathory was not genuine, they only got the attention and resources they did because Quorthon's dad was a record biz guy.

how is any of this astroturfed?

yeah, the obsession with "industry plants" on this board as of late is ridiculous

>Schalgenheim only had one good song (the bands only good song from what I've heard)
>Ants from up there was boring as hell
>Don't recognize the third one lol
If you want good rock just go to the really niché indie bands or go back to the 70 - 90's

What song did you like form Schlangeheim?
Also listen to Cavalcade and Hellfire from black midi because they are less schizo than the first album

Listen to Concorde, The Place Where He Inserted the Blade and Basketball Shoes from AFUT again

Listen to Bright Green Field by Squid

>noise rockish indie stuff
so, everything wrong with rock music since the 00s

boomer

so the entirety of Any Forumscore, aka what this board used to listen to for years

I like plenty of current stuff, it's really just indie music that's been irredeemably shit for a while now.

Post favourite albums from the 2020s

This. And I'm not a fan of Squid, but I can respect what they do.

been digging these lately

Attached: topsters2.jpg (4362x1660, 1.51M)

I really look forward to Squid's next album. Their debut isn't perfect, but the stuff that works is absolutely fantastic. They're such a fun band to listen to.

>skulls core
Is that all people can think of nowadays for terror and horror?

Attached: pogo.jpg (218x231, 9.45K)