Dear God, my senses are working overtime as they always do when I hear this amazing band. This is pop, so they say...

Dear God, my senses are working overtime as they always do when I hear this amazing band. This is pop, so they say, but it's far more than that. There is no language in our lungs that can define the excellence of XTC. As refreshing as oranges and lemons, their passionate music could melt the guns of hostility in our lives and bring about world peace, while freeing us all of the ball and chain of musical mediocrity...... if only anyone had fucking listened!

Attached: 1952812.jpg (600x600, 252.5K)

Op is a sixty year old virgin and xtc is for fags only

Cope

They're just DEVO-lite

>watches Evangelion once

Cope harder

>mediocre up until smartest monkeys
>smartest monkeys
>everything afterwards is amazing but feels like an apology for making us listen to smartest monkeys
wtf

Attached: 61cMhKRjkuL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 38.8K)

The synth solo is fantastic and rest of the song is just alright

Greatest pop band in existence.

They're a bit too english at times

Literally the four best songs on the album are before Smartest Monkeys, not at all "medicore"

>implying that's a bad thing

Attached: stevenwilson620x355.jpg (620x355, 107.62K)

NO THUGS IN OOOOUUURRR HOOOOOUUUSE

How many XTC lyrical references can you fit into a post, OP?

A POX UPON BOTH OF YOUR HOUSES!

Attached: motivatorb3b29c1d6f54411821196ad53ef587b1bc27ef6d.jpg (750x600, 82.24K)

Hey, Nigel, making plans?
Where does your life begin?

All of them, like all of you pretty girls, will be written down in my book of regrets.
At home, at work, and on the bus, but not right now.

I actually like XTC but don't think they've ever released a solid album. Some XTC songs rank among my favorites but I can't think of one of their albums I'd want to voluntarily listen to the whole way through again

This is solid from beginning to the end

Attached: 61MPUEZbHrL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 126.82K)

Should I cop this?

Attached: Dukes.jpg (400x389, 29.22K)

That’s my issue with English Settlement. Many tracks are 10/10 and then many others drag down.
XTC’s albums also tend to be long, they could cut down 1 or 2 tracks at least.
Black Sea is almost perfect though. I just don’t really like Tower of London, and There’s no Language in our Lungs.