Has it held up?

Attached: Interpol_-_Turn_On_The_Bright_Lights.jpg (320x320, 7.29K)

You wouldn't be posting about it if it didn't, enough people like it. People always hate on Banks for the lyrics but I find NYC so motivating

ITS UP TO ME NOW
TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS

I guess it could come across as a bit old-fashioned these days but still one of my favorites. The lyrics are funny

yeah don't see why not. the lyrics are abstract and silly enough to be timeless, and instrumentally it was already reviving older sounds so it doesn't exactly sound "dated"

This record absolutely slaps, of course it has held up

antics better

HER STORIES ARE BORING AND STUFF
SHES ALWAYS CALLING MY BLUFF

SHE WAS MY
CATATONIC SEX TOY
LOVE-JOY DIVER

yes it's held up but is this it is still the best album from this era, idc what contrarians say

It's up there for me for sure. I really liked The Horrors' Primary Colours too.

Some of it does, I do think so, but a lot of it has lost its luster with time, its influences too readily discernable. Contrast with Notwist's Neon Golden from the same year, which sounds as original and exciting to me today as then.

Great riffs, quotable lyrics, good atmosphere, melancholy without being depressive

Yes, everytime I listen to Stella... I reminisce my youth

>Notwist's Neon Golden
Hey I remember that album really well, but it had left the forefront of my mind. Lots of great ideas but a little wimpy.

can you guys think of any other bands that got monumentally worse with each release?

Weezer

>lost its luster with time, its influences too readily discernable
For me it's that the music is so simplistic, the more strummy jum-jum-jum-jum parts just don't stay exciting forever.

i loved it for a time and now feel cringe about it but that may be personal insecurity

If anything it sounds even better now. The production job on TOTBL is phenomenal, they really manage to toe the line between roughness and crispness while getting the best of both words. also has a good point.

I've seen people argue this with Modest Mouse before. Personally, I'd pick Dead Kennedys and Gang of Four.
Pinkerton is their best though.

>00s indietronica
got dated in a couple years

just listen to the bass instead

Yes it has, and few albums have even been able to match it.

>her rabid glow is like braille to the night

this album is kino